I'm done with this site for a while - User experience is terrible

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: I'm done with this site for a while - User experience is terrible

Postby flike » 21 May 2012, 01:25

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato

I think this used to be in maoman's sig line. I have always found it to rank right up with the Golden Rule in my personal Ways To Conduct Life.

Nobody but mike knows the source of mike's anger. To me he sounds like an over-worked underpaid coder; that's where I think he may be coming from. I could be wrong.
"It is a privilege to be the stand-in for Spencer Tracy. Tracy is a fine actor, but he is most important because he understands why it is necessary to take orders from the front office." Louis B. Mayer, 1938 Academy Awards ceremony

"Why do you not sit on my lap when we talk contracts, like my other stars do?" Louis B. Mayer to Luise Rainer, 1937

"His hand always touched my right tit whenever he said the word 'daughter'." Joan Crawford, regarding Louis B. Mayer, 1938
flike
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

23 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 21 May 2012, 10:09

I'm not experiencing any such issues here. I use Firefox as a browser.

Mike, I can understand it's annoying for you because for you the issues are easy to fix. But I can't imagine why anyone would make such angry posts just because of this. I'm guessing you have other things stressing you out, and this site is just the last straw.

I'm happy with the site as it is, but, yeah, if things can be easily improved for those experiencing these issues, great.
sean@thesanctuarytaiwan.org / 0920 620109

Call me for emergency animal rescue; any time of day or night is fine for real emergencies
Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 25 Mar 1999

Postby tango42 » 21 May 2012, 10:23

Seems to work fine for me, although I don't care for the mobile site, and use the regular site on my mobile instead.
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
tango42

6 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby StuartCa » 21 May 2012, 11:11

mike029 wrote:

Is this video centered in the box for you or to the left? Chrome and Safari, on the left.

In the center on Chrome
If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home. ~James Michener
Forumosan avatar
StuartCa
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

15 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 21 May 2012, 11:13

In the centre on Firefox.
sean@thesanctuarytaiwan.org / 0920 620109

Call me for emergency animal rescue; any time of day or night is fine for real emergencies
Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 25 Mar 1999

Postby StuartCa » 21 May 2012, 11:17

tango42 wrote:Seems to work fine for me, although I don't care for the mobile site, and use the regular site on my mobile instead.

Yeah same here. It's not brilliant, but I'm not complaining.
If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home. ~James Michener
Forumosan avatar
StuartCa
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

15 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Omniloquacious » 22 May 2012, 07:30

mike029 wrote:Using this site actually makes me angry ...

If I recall correctly, your ire is also raised by living in Taiwan, interacting with Taiwanese people, your general lot in life, and pretty much everything else in the world.

I can't help but think that an attitude adjustment would work absolute wonders for you, opening your eyes to mirth and contentment where now you see only annoyance and grief. Worth a try?
If I prioritized the acquisition of wealth above other purposes in life, I might still have come to Taiwan to study Chinese, but I doubt I would have remained here.
寸金難買寸光陰
Forumosan avatar
Omniloquacious
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

69 Recommends(s)
202 Recognized(s)

Postby Tomas » 22 May 2012, 10:32

Yep, the OP is a typical Angry Young Man. It's an archetype. He'll grow out of it.

I experience none of the problems he lists, BTW.
Come on baby, you know you my home slice.
Tomas
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

142 Recommends(s)
168 Recognized(s)

Postby britboy » 31 May 2012, 00:15

StuartCa wrote:
mike029 wrote:

Is this video centered in the box for you or to the left? Chrome and Safari, on the left.

In the center on Chrome

Left aligned for me (latest Chrome running on Windows 7 x64). Mike's right, it looks ugly.
britboy
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby elektronisk » 03 Jun 2012, 21:00

Dr. McCoy wrote:I'm a rebel.

Ok mr. che, cuba has been calling for toooooooo long. When is that next flight? I have to give notice to our chief and our lord undertaker.

I can rustle up the rum and the rovers if you pin down your details. Otherwise, we gonna drink it ourselves whilst basking in the glow of the afternoon moon glancing off our berets. The starship isn't/hasn't been complete without you.
"We are only here briefly, and in this moment I want to allow myself joy." - Her

There is a truth and it's on our side,
Dawn is coming , open your eyes - José González

Make love your goal, not your gaol.
A wise man can learn more from himself than he could learn from anyone else, if only he seeks and listens.
Afar isn't as bad as it sounds, it is the longevity of it that hurts.
Smile and make others feel happy today.
Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest.
Forumosan avatar
elektronisk
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

63 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Feedback