SQL Crashes on Forumosa- for the Admin team

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: SQL Crashes on Forumosa- for the Admin team

Postby goose egg » 31 May 2012, 12:32

I gotta find out where all this sour cream is coming from

I'm sorry to hear you are going quiet Plasmatron. Hope to hear from you on Forumosa soon

FWIW, our logs tell us that last night's server restoration meant a loss of 20 hours of posts (we started daily backups in November) and the server problems cited only began last week (not "weeks")
Click here to see the active topics
Forumosan avatar
goose egg
Forumosa Admin

97 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Re: SQL Crashes on Forumosa- for the Admin team

Postby engerim » 06 Jun 2012, 07:57

I added this bits to the part of the code where the SQL error appears:
Code: Select all
$backtrace = "SQL error on request: " . $sql . "\nBacktrace:\n" . get_backtrace();
mail ( 'engerim@forumosa.com', 'SQL error on Forumosa', $backtrace);

I also increased the number of maximum connections on Wednesday.
So in case this happens again we'll get immediately informed.

The server has been stable since the upgrade. Forumosa had a few out of memory errors before, not now anymore.

I guess the main reason is that the database is huge. You can go back in nearly 13 years of posts.
The oldest one: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3968#p23648
The posts table alone is about 1.1 GB. Totally we have 2.4 GB of pure text data.
This isn't 'just' an average phpbb installation, For the "user experience" I take it that it is being worked on.
Forumosan avatar
engerim
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

8 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Feedback