Thumbs Down on Recent Moderation

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Thumbs Down on Recent Moderation

Postby ChewDawg » 04 Jun 2012, 02:12

I just want to state that I thought my recent suspension for two weeks was horseshit. :thumbsdown:

The thread was about those cretins that threw waste on the homeless people in Taipei. In my post, I was very blunt in my criticism and stated that I thought they got off too lightly.

However, I also brought up the point that many on this site were crying "crocodile tears"and my suspension reflected knee-jerk emotions/heavy handed moderation. For every incident against homeless people, such as the throwing-of-waste incident in Taipei, there are tens, if not hundreds, of incidents where innocent people step on discarded needles left by homeless people with addiction problems. I stated that I didn't see the same type of outpouring of emotion for these other types of incidents.

Basically my point is that both the user and the innocent bystander are often hurt by the user/homeless person's dirty surroundings. We can be angry about such actions against homeless people, but more often than not, they, with their lack of hygiene/drug issues are posing a risk to people that are near them, especially children that often use the parks where junkies/homeless people congregate in.

That I was suspended for bringing up this double standard and for saying that homeless people have hygiene issues (don't smell that good) is overzealous. :thumbsdown:

What rule was I breaking? :lol:
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
107 Recommends(s)
92 Recognized(s)

Re: Thumbs Down on Recent Moderation

Postby Tempo Gain » 04 Jun 2012, 02:31

You haven't adequately described the statement you were suspended for. I don't care to reiterate it here. Response sent by PM.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

279 Recommends(s)
282 Recognized(s)

x

Return to Feedback