Edit button... gone

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: Edit button... gone

Postby superking » 20 Jun 2012, 18:37

Thanks fella. It has also disappeared on Taiwaneasia, so is it possible that my computer is having a senior moment? It is 12 months old now after all!
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

ORIGINAL POSTER
93 Recommends(s)
340 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 20 Jun 2012, 20:01

Um, it's been here since about post four in this thread. It did disappear, and then came back shortly thereafter.

For me at least.

Maybe I'm just special, and you're all edit-losers.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

208 Recommends(s)
266 Recognized(s)

Postby engerim » 25 Jun 2012, 09:02

I forced reactivation of your account which should also reset your settings, you need to confirm the email that is sent. Can you check if that fixed it?
Also remember you can't edit or delete posts which are older then a week. This is to avoid that users disrupt old discussions.
Forumosan avatar
engerim
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

8 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 25 Jun 2012, 12:07

If you value your edit button, leave 50 billion NT in my PM box or you will never see it again.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 25 Jun 2012, 13:47

engerim wrote:I forced reactivation of your account which should also reset your settings, you need to confirm the email that is sent. Can you check if that fixed it?
Also remember you can't edit or delete posts which are older then a week. This is to avoid that users disrupt old discussions.

That has fixed it. Thank you for sorting it.

Wonder why that happened on both sites... Any ideas tech people?
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking

ORIGINAL POSTER
93 Recommends(s)
340 Recognized(s)

Postby engerim » 25 Jun 2012, 16:37

superking wrote:Wonder why that happened on both sites... Any ideas tech people?

Should be the open proxy detection module I use on both sites, but that should block your ability to post completely.
I suggest you run a virus scan just to see if there isn't any trojan/virus on your computer that triggered this.
Forumosan avatar
engerim

8 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 26 Jun 2012, 13:03

All your edit buttons are belonged to me!!!
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 26 Jun 2012, 14:35

Dr. McCoy wrote:All your edit buttons are belonged to me!!!

Ah, that takes me back, Doctor.

superking

ORIGINAL POSTER
93 Recommends(s)
340 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Jack » 24 Nov 2012, 03:31

There seems to be a time limit on editing. I guess it's something like eight days.

This is not a gripe.
When things go well for days on end, it is an hilarious accident.
--Kurt Vonnegut, letter to his daughter Nannette
Charlie Jack
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

1179 Recommends(s)
205 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 24 Nov 2012, 09:33

That is correct.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

320 Recommends(s)
314 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Feedback