mods who lock DPs

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

mods who lock DPs

Postby urodacus » 13 Jul 2012, 16:40

Hey Mister and Missus Mods,

Why go to all the bother to move a double post to temp, change the title to DP, and then lock it, when you can just delete the post in one click and begone with it?

Plus, it makes the front page messy when complete new threads appear and are locked from the get go.

Just wondering.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
195 Recommends(s)
250 Recognized(s)

Re: mods who lock DPs

Postby Dr. McCoy » 13 Jul 2012, 18:27

They wouldn't have the guts to do that to me, because I would become might indignant.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 13 Jul 2012, 18:28

They wouldn't have the guts to do that to me, because I would become might indignant.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby ironlady » 14 Jul 2012, 01:04

Thatʻs what I do now. Not sure who is temping double posts, but there wouldnʻt seem to be a need.
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
76 Recommends(s)
300 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Feedback