Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Anyone think there should be an ABC board?

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: Anyone think there should be an ABC board?

Postby hansioux » 31 Jul 2012, 17:38

sub-forum, i guess... private forum, why/how?

anyway, I agree with boho, the whole point of a forum is to discuss topics with the assumption that other posters will have different and varying perspectives and experiences.

but then again, I need to find a girl who will watch Community with me... so... there...
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
Forumosan avatar
hansioux
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

451 Recommends(s)
514 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 31 Jul 2012, 17:45

I already have a cool guy forum on chatzy, all of us cool posters hangout there, I'll PM you if you qualify.
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

91 Recommends(s)
447 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 31 Jul 2012, 17:47

Deuce Dropper wrote:I already have a cool guy forum on chatzy, all of us cool posters hangout there, I'll PM you if you qualify.

Quit spamming my PM box. I already done TOLD you -- FIVE TIMES -- that your forum is not cool enough for the likes of me. :roll:
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 31 Jul 2012, 18:09

boho wrote:A forum based completely on the colour of your skin?

If I suggested a white forum I would be called racist.

What about mixed people? What about whiter than white people? What about slightly white but tinges of brown? What about freckled people? For Godsake what about GINGERS!
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1618 Recommends(s)
593 Recognized(s)

Postby 914 » 31 Jul 2012, 18:24

Why not a forum for really good-looking people? We have issues and problems that a vast majority of you (the regular posters on forumosa) just dont understand. Its not easy being awesome and the shit we deal with day to day becomes. Too. Much.

(im only half-joking, but i support a forum for chinese/tw who didnt grow up in tw.)
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 31 Jul 2012, 19:55

How about supporting a subforum in mixed English/Chinese and forget the racial part. I guess there is nothing wrong with this request (as in Taiwanese who grew up overseas) but it would be a pity if the forum was to splinter too much.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1618 Recommends(s)
593 Recognized(s)

Postby goose egg » 24 Aug 2012, 11:22

30 topics and a moderator are the basic requirements for forming a forum. Help us find at least 30 topics that would go into an ABC Sub-forum of Living in Taiwan, and we can talk.

Military Forum? Poets? Why not - if it seems there is a genuine, sustainable interest - let's talk about putting a forum together. It's not like we gotta chop down that many trees, right? (Maybe just a few)

Maybe today, 30 posts on Forumosa is NOT enough to show enough justification for a new forum. But let us know what you think

On the flipside - are there forums that we should remove? Merge them into other forum because of a lack of current interest. What do you think?
Click here to see the active topics
Forumosan avatar
goose egg
Forumosa Admin

99 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby 914 » 02 Oct 2012, 08:45

Good morning, Forumosans. We now have a new subforum under Living in Taiwan named Overseas Taiwanese (http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=199). Please take a look at the forum and let us know what you think. We ran into a stumbling block just naming it, so if you have a better suggestion, please voice your suggestions. Winner of the title we choose gets a beer :beer: and serenade from moderator of her/his choice. (The beer will be provided by Tempo Gain.) Yes, what a sweet deal, I know *eye* would start brainstorming right away. :lick:

The obvious choice would be ABC, but that opens up another can of worms, so hopefully you are more creative than us mods and can give the subforum the pizzazz, style, and personality it so rightly deserves.

We would also thank you for the suggestion to get this ball rolling. We're listening. Hope you find the subforum helpful.

Thank you, and enjoy!

914, Overseas Taiwanese Mod
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar

Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Feedback