Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Women's Forum - Are private forums necessary?

Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Forum rules
Let us know how you feel about the website and tell us how it could improve. You can also send e-mail to admin (at) forumosa.com if you have any problems accessing the forums

Re: The Women's Forum - Should there be private forums on Forumo

Postby Buttercup » 23 Nov 2009, 19:58

No ... they aren't talking about your dick size. They aren't talking about you at all. And to the naysayers, if you don't get that it's neither about you, nor that it doesn't take anything away from you, then there's not much I can say. lf you don't get it, I'm certainly not going to be able to change your mind.
'Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof'

Before you lovingly craft your PM, make like any writer and consider your audience. With all the information at your disposal, is there any possibility that the recipient will open it? Would your time be better employed?
Buttercup
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

8 Recognized(s)

Postby tomthorne » 23 Nov 2009, 20:32

Well that's even worse. Men should be talked about all the time. We're that important.
tomthorne
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 23 Nov 2009, 22:03

Oh come ON! If there wasn't a women's forum I'd just get tired and swollen-headed reading the constant ooh-ing and ahh-ing over my utter loveliness. I couldn't stomach that, thank you very much.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby tomthorne » 23 Nov 2009, 22:08

But all the guys say that about you too, sandman.
tomthorne

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 23 Nov 2009, 22:26

sandman wrote:Oh come ON! If there wasn't a women's forum I'd just get tired and swollen-headed reading the constant ooh-ing and ahh-ing over my utter loveliness. I couldn't stomach that, thank you very much.

You knew that?? All this time I thought, you were completely unaware of your loveliness.
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby Buttercup » 24 Nov 2009, 00:11

Ew. There's definitely nothing about sandman's tired swollen head.
'Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof'

Before you lovingly craft your PM, make like any writer and consider your audience. With all the information at your disposal, is there any possibility that the recipient will open it? Would your time be better employed?
Buttercup
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

8 Recognized(s)

Postby catch-22 » 24 Nov 2009, 00:21

Buttercup wrote:Ew. There's definitely nothing about sandman's tired swollen head.

:eek: That sounds dirty to me...
Forumosan avatar
catch-22
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby Chewycorns » 24 Nov 2009, 00:37

Buttercup wrote:the only benefit is networking with female posters in an environment where no-one makes jokes about shit. Like it or not, it isn't always easy for young girls especially, in Asia. They have fewer expat peers, especially out of Taipei, and may have different health or social concerns that they don't want to discuss with the world at large, but may ask a group of other women.

Like it or not, life isn't easy for a large number of expats in Asia regardless of gender. Why tribalize it? Are women that delicate and dainty that they need the special and private treatment? Perhaps, I am the 'real feminist' here by thinking 'no.' Giving them their own private forum to discuss such issues is like making them wear a burkha when they go to the hairdressers as far as I'm concerned. Being protected from the big bad world, eh? :lol:
Forumosan avatar
Chewycorns

1 Recognized(s)

Postby catch-22 » 24 Nov 2009, 00:43

Chewycorns wrote:
Buttercup wrote:the only benefit is networking with female posters in an environment where no-one makes jokes about shit. Like it or not, it isn't always easy for young girls especially, in Asia. They have fewer expat peers, especially out of Taipei, and may have different health or social concerns that they don't want to discuss with the world at large, but may ask a group of other women.

Like it or not, life isn't easy for a large number of expats in Asia regardless of gender. Why tribalize it? Are women that delicate and dainty that they need the special and private treatment? Perhaps, I am the 'real feminist' here by thinking 'no.' Giving them their own private forum to discuss such issues is like making them wear a burkha when they go to the hairdressers as far as I'm concerned. Being protected from the big bad world, eh? :lol:

Do you really want us asking questions like where to buy tampons in the main forum? Cause I will start purposely making things as awkward as possible for amusment. :popcorn:
Forumosan avatar
catch-22

Postby tomthorne » 24 Nov 2009, 00:45

So, Chewy, single sex education. It seems that you're against it.

I'm glad to hear that. I also support closing down all those elitist, single sex private schools.
tomthorne

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Feedback