ARC's, Work Permits and Visas - what do you need to know?

Moderator: Tempo Gain

Re: ARC's, Work Permits and Visas - what do you need to know?

Postby dan2006 » 30 Jul 2012, 12:54

Another answer to someone above regarding converting a work ARC to a student ARC without leaving the country, the answer is no, not possible.

It is 2 different types of visas, so you would have to go to Hong Kong or wherever and apply with the relevant documentation.
Forumosan avatar
dan2006
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

61 Recommends(s)
79 Recognized(s)

Postby joethetford » 30 Jul 2012, 20:41

pengyou wrote:
joethetford wrote: I completed an advanced TESOL course here in Taipei. The Cambridge one. Grade A Distinction.

Do you mean CELTA certification? Can you tell me where you got this certification? A webpage link would be really helpful. I have looked high and low for CELTA in Taiwan and have found nothing :(

This is what you need buddy.

http://www.tesoltaiwan.com/english_/english.php - (there is a button in the top right that says English version if this doesn't load it automaticly)

Its a week intensive classroom instruction (Including Demos) 30 hours & 60 Hours online assignments (easy)

My Tutor was Boris Fagon

Address of the place can be found here. http://www.tesoltaiwan.com/english_/EDM/playAgame.html

and one final link FYI

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/mycambridge

Hope this helps.

Joe
joethetford
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby TexMex » 02 Aug 2012, 18:06

Folks I notice people still posting here so I move my question here.

I'm married Taiwanese and I'm coming next week on a 30 day no-extension Visitor Visa.

My plan is apply for a resident visa but I don't have a way to get the Criminal Record from my home country (Mexico) unless I spend the $4,000 usd on air tickets, We are coming from USA and she's been out for about 5 years so apparently she doesn't have a household Registration..

What should I do?

1st Get Health Certificate right away,
then?
Forumosan avatar
TexMex
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

34 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 02 Aug 2012, 18:16

Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
83 Recognized(s)

Postby TexMex » 02 Aug 2012, 18:20

Belgian Pie wrote:http://www.immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1086899&ctNode=29926&mp=T002

Thanks, I read the whole thing and apparently I can only make it if I have a 60 day visa no restrictions or a 180 day no-extension?
Forumosan avatar
TexMex

34 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby joethetford » 08 Aug 2012, 20:08

I have just had my ARC application semi rejected.

They want an original document (not a problem) but they want a stamp or certificate proving the course is over 16 months.

Its a 2 year collage diploma from England so its well over 16 months, I just have no idea where or how im going to get a document stating that fact.

If anyone has any experience please let know.

Thanks

Joe
joethetford

Postby mariadee » 14 Aug 2012, 15:31

hello, I have been wondering about this, I have an ARC because I'm a university student... I'm in an English program course, but... what do you expect... the English communication skills of the professors are not that well at all, learning calculus in Mandarin is a pain..... *nosebleeds* so I've decided not to continue and just take up courses in the school's Chinese Learning Center... however, they told me I have to get out of the country to get a new visa (visitors extendable visa)... *hassle but understandable* my question is, is there a way for me to get a new visa without the need of leaving Taiwan.? or are there agencies who can do this for me instead? or is that question totally illegal? :eh:

please pm me or just reply here... thank you so much :pray:
mariadee

In Taiwan since: 13 Feb 2011

Postby Guy Jean » 17 Aug 2012, 14:40

Hello, I'm an American living in Japan (foreigners are called gaijin in Japanese, hence my user name, and my Taiwanese wife and I plan on moving to Taiwan next year. I've been there many times with her, but we've never lived there.

I plan on teaching English and need to get the right visas, etc. Is the best thing to just apply for a spouse visa and does that allow me to work?

Thanks!
Guy Jean

Postby FarFlungScot » 17 Aug 2012, 20:07

joethetford wrote:
pengyou wrote:
joethetford wrote: I completed an advanced TESOL course here in Taipei. The Cambridge one. Grade A Distinction.

Do you mean CELTA certification? Can you tell me where you got this certification? A webpage link would be really helpful. I have looked high and low for CELTA in Taiwan and have found nothing :(

This is what you need buddy.

http://www.tesoltaiwan.com/english_/english.php - (there is a button in the top right that says English version if this doesn't load it automaticly)

Its a week intensive classroom instruction (Including Demos) 30 hours & 60 Hours online assignments (easy)

My Tutor was Boris Fagon

Address of the place can be found here. http://www.tesoltaiwan.com/english_/EDM/playAgame.html

and one final link FYI

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/mycambridge

Hope this helps.

Joe

Yeah but is it Trinity College certified TESOL? Also how many teaching hours?
FarFlungScot
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

9 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Casey86 » 03 Sep 2012, 18:15

Hello,

I plan on moving to Taiwan in October to be with my girlfriend. I just finished teaching in Korea for a year. I semi-have a job lined up. I'm from the United states, will I need an FBI Background check, or will my employment with the school suffice? Also, how long does the visitor visa last in Taiwan for US citizens?
Casey86

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Teaching English in Taiwan