Taichung County/Hualian

Moderator: Tempo Gain

Taichung County/Hualian

Postby wayne1523 » 11 Jan 2012, 23:29

I'm thinking about making my main job hunt attack on Taichung County (if not city) and Hualian.

Would there be more job opportunities in Taichung County since most teachers go for the jobs in the city (I'd still try for the city first)? What about the scene in Hualian? Would there be a good amount of jobs there because it's relatively remote, or no because the population is less?
wayne1523
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

Re: Taichung County/Hualian

Postby Okami » 12 Jan 2012, 00:04

Taichung city/county would be best for jobs since it has loads of people and money.

Hualian is crap fro jobs since it has few people, not much money and the bosses pay crap knowing foreigners want to live there.

YMMV, best of luck
Professor Walter Williams has remarked that he’s glad he went to college “before it became fashionable for white people to like black people.”
Forumosan avatar
Okami
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

8 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Teaching English in Taiwan