Che Guevara Material

Moderator: Tempo Gain

Re: Che Guevara Material

Postby Ducked » 26 Mar 2012, 19:45

Rockefeller wrote:Just posting this to make sure someone's mentioned The Motorcycle Diaries. If not here's me doing it. Saw it in spanish class some years ago, turned out unexpectedly good.

Yeh, got that thanks.
We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby ādikarmika » 01 Apr 2012, 15:48

Not sure Che would approve, but if they're like mine, your students probably would.

http://www.lacarmina.com/blog/2011/06/m ... ii-design/

I don't know whether Mini Che is supposed to be straight kawaii, or whether he is supposed to belong to one of the kawaii subcults such as kimo-kawaii (weird-cute) or kawaii-noir.
Maybe it would be good to see more pop icons "cutified", just to stop us taking them too seriously.
the moon's too bright, the chain's too tight, the beast won't go to sleep
ādikarmika
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

6 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 01 Apr 2012, 19:52

adikarmika wrote:Not sure Che would approve, but if they're like mine, your students probably would.

http://www.lacarmina.com/blog/2011/06/m ... ii-design/

I don't know whether Mini Che is supposed to be straight kawaii, or whether he is supposed to belong to one of the kawaii subcults such as kimo-kawaii (weird-cute) or kawaii-noir.
Maybe it would be good to see more pop icons "cutified", just to stop us taking them too seriously.

That's the one I was talking about, right at Taipei main Station. I throw up in my throat a little every time I walk by....
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

792 Recommends(s)
615 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 17 Apr 2012, 09:13

Yeh, we've got one of those newly opened in Tainan, on the site of the former KFC. Ironic really.

I was going to take some pics for an introductory ppt, but you've saved me the trouble.

Havn't found any really suitable written material. The NCKU library has some stuff, but its a bit too heavy duty/serious/long for the students.

Really kicking myself about leaving that "coffee table" Che bio, which was about the right level, back in the yook. Could have Amazoned one, I guess, but pricy and too late now anyway. Maybe next year.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 17 Apr 2012, 10:18

If you want to, I can help you translate some stuff from Spanish originals. Let's say it will be another perspective. :wink:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

792 Recommends(s)
615 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 17 Apr 2012, 12:18

Ducked wrote:Yeh, we've got one of those newly opened in Tainan, on the site of the former KFC. Ironic really.

If its the place I think it is...thats right in my hood. The bakery across the alley is a great place.
BTW, I heard that KFC is coming back into that new building.

Them little mini-Che's are hilarious....tiny little killers on t-shirts...LOL!

I especially like the X X 's for the eyes...:grin:
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 17 Apr 2012, 16:47

Icon wrote:If you want to, I can help you translate some stuff from Spanish originals. Let's say it will be another perspective. :wink:

That's very nice of you, but I'm not sure its worth it this time around. I'm fairly resigned to this being a half-assed effort on my part since I havn't done much with it yet and I'll have to start it this or next week (forgot this lot finish early).

If I have another one of these classes I'll maybe have another crack at it.

Forumosan avatar
Ducked

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 17 Apr 2012, 16:50

TainanCowboy wrote:
Ducked wrote:Yeh, we've got one of those newly opened in Tainan, on the site of the former KFC. Ironic really.

If its the place I think it is...thats right in my hood. The bakery across the alley is a great place.
BTW, I heard that KFC is coming back into that new building.

Them little mini-Che's are hilarious....tiny little killers on t-shirts...LOL!

I especially like the X X 's for the eyes...:grin:

Ivy Cafe? Used to be in there a lot, but I'm not in Tainan so much these days, cept on weekends.

Forumosan avatar
Ducked

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 17 Apr 2012, 16:58

I have a copy of this documentary on DVD: In English with English and Chinese subtitles. You're welcome to borrow it if you wish.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper

People are stupid everywhere, but there's something childlike and adorable about Taiwanese stupidity. - rowland
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1054 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 18 Apr 2012, 17:35

jimipresley wrote:Image

I have a copy of this documentary on DVD: In English with English and Chinese subtitles. You're welcome to borrow it if you wish.

OK, thanks a lot. I'll PM the departmental address

Forumosan avatar
Ducked

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Teaching English in Taiwan