Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Gjun

Moderator: Tempo Gain

Gjun

Postby cow sung » 24 Jun 2012, 11:46

I was working many hours at 2 schools, one of which being Gjun. I was initially only working a tue+wed eve, which is enough after working elsewhere just about all day elsewhere. Eventually I was working Mon-Thur evening until 10pm at Gjun, getting more tired as the days went on, eventually got sick and started missing days at my ARC school. I asked Gjun to cut hours, they said they would try to get someone to replace my hours, so I gave them a week and said "look, I can't work these 2 jobs like this, if I carry on, I'm eventually going to lose my ARC job and if that happens, wouldn't be able to work legally at Gjun anymore anyway". The branch manager's response was to say "leave your ARC job and find a new one, we want to help you, we'll call the CLA for you..." this was on Friday morning. On Saturday after my 1 on 1 class, my direct supervisor became very adversarial and refused outright to cut hours, called my ARC school and stirred up some stuff there about my hours with them and began raising her voice. Naturally, I went back after the initial exchange of words to let them know where I stood legally and it's the typical buxiban owner response I've come to expect in Taiwan. Lose your temper first, ask questions later. Blacklist please
cow sung
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Gjun

Postby cfimages » 24 Jun 2012, 12:27

If Gjun aren't providing you an ARC, then you aren't working legally there anyway.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

192 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 24 Jun 2012, 13:10

cfimages wrote:If Gjun aren't providing you an ARC, then you aren't working legally there anyway.

NOT TRUE!

You can have 2 work permits ADDITIONAL to your ARC provider (thats 3 total). So he probably is working for them legally.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby tomthorne » 24 Jun 2012, 14:04

But you still have to get the additional schools added to your ARC. I assume you have done this OP?
tomthorne
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 24 Jun 2012, 14:46

I meant what tomthorne posted. Gjun must be added to the ARC. The way I read the OP that isn't the case.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages

192 Recommends(s)
196 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Teaching English in Taiwan