For all the English teachers fighting the good fight....you are not alone. Excerpts from a quite funny article in today's (July 10, 2012) Wall Street Journal by James E. Couter (a retired teacher/professor from Western Illinois University - Macomb, ILL (USA)
- A student reported that he was unable to get into the "proper frame of mime".
- One reported trouble with the law as he had been charged with a "mister meaners"
- Another admitted that he had offered a "poultry excuse"
- One young man admitted he was not smart enough to attend an "Ivory League" school (some truth in that one!)
- And a young woman lamented having become pregnant on that "fetal night" (out of the mouths of babes!)
There are more - funny and sad at the same time.
I'll demonstrate my own ignorance - one of the quotes referred "Taco Bell's Canon" in connection to music studies. This reference went right over my head. Anyone recognize the reference?