Going to Taiwan to Teach

Moderator: Tempo Gain

Going to Taiwan to Teach

Postby AudiJai » 17 Jul 2012, 06:40

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm from Canada and I got accepted into an agency to teach English in Taiwan. I am doing some finalization before I head over to Taiwan and I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process before to offer some helpful hints and tips to this newbie before I leave or possibly some information on what to look out for after I arrive. I'm looking for anything that can help me out, really. That would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows more information about NHI and what is covered under this system, that would be helpful. I was on their website and I don't see the specific services. If someone could tell me what useful things to pack, that would be great too. Google led me to this part of the forum so if there is a category on this forum (that I can't find) that already has these issues listed, can someone link it for me?

Thanks.
AudiJai
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Going to Taiwan to Teach

Postby Adam_CLO » 17 Jul 2012, 14:55

Welcome to Taiwan (and to this forum). Here's a good thread to get you started: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=97695

If you click on the thread categories at the bottom of this page, you will see FAQ topics for each of the categories that interest you.
Forumosan avatar
Adam_CLO
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

24 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Teaching English in Taiwan