TOEFL preparation in Taipei

Moderator: Tempo Gain

TOEFL preparation in Taipei

Postby Taruhn » 31 Jul 2012, 09:00

My son needs to prepare for the TOEFL until the end of this year.
I googled for some preparation centers and I only found the Taipei Language Institute. So far my plan is to enroll him at the TLI and look for aditional one-on-one classes.
Does anyone have another idea or advice? Thanks in advance.

We will be arriving in Taipei on August, from Brazil.
Taruhn
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: TOEFL preparation in Taipei

Postby BigJohn » 31 Jul 2012, 10:57

Taruhn wrote:My son needs to prepare for the TOEFL until the end of this year.
I googled for some preparation centers and I only found the Taipei Language Institute. So far my plan is to enroll him at the TLI and look for aditional one-on-one classes.
Does anyone have another idea or advice? Thanks in advance.

We will be arriving in Taipei on August, from Brazil.

There are many TOEFL test preparation centers in Taipei city. A large percentage are clustered around the area immediately south of Taipei Main Station, and around one street - Nanyang Street (Jie) in particular.

Some OK ones are Merica http://www.merica.com.tw ELITE and Howard. There may be other good ones as well. Usually though it depends on the teacher.

I have taught TOEFL for quite a few years. If your son needs a tutor you can contact me through PM and we can talk it over.
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

1 Recommends(s)
118 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Teaching English in Taiwan