Worksheet burnout: Need ideas

Moderator: Tempo Gain

Worksheet burnout: Need ideas

Postby Puppet » 07 Aug 2012, 20:05

Give me a classroom of 3-10 year olds, and I can entertain them for hours.
Give me a classroom of Junior High and it's hit or miss. One huge factor I am facing with one group is the book we're using. Remember - these are Junior High students. They have these books we're using that are full of nothing but busy-work type worksheets. Let me provide an example from their next book they'll soon get (a step up from their current book):

List of words in a box:
stir, clap, drag, hug, plan, grab

1. Which word begins with the same sound as each picture?
--(Picture of a clown) ______________

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! These books drain the life out of us all. I need something more.

The mars landing happened this week. Any ideas for something worthwhile to do with this group? They used to be a great group of kids, but the boredom has set in beyond belief. HELP!!!!!
Forumosan avatar
Puppet
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
60 Recommends(s)
31 Recognized(s)

Re: Worksheet burnout: Need ideas

Postby E04teacherlin » 07 Aug 2012, 23:49

Summer camp or permanent?
Music is always great.
E04teacherlin
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

85 Recommends(s)
50 Recognized(s)

Re: Worksheet burnout: Need ideas

Postby Puppet » 08 Aug 2012, 08:25

Permanent
Forumosan avatar
Puppet

ORIGINAL POSTER
60 Recommends(s)
31 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Teaching English in Taiwan