Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Applying to a Taiwan university. Need help urgently!

Moderator: Tempo Gain

Applying to a Taiwan university. Need help urgently!

Postby tank » 26 Feb 2016, 03:02

Before I get started, I am sorry if this thread is in the wrong section and the moderator may move this to the appropriate section if it's necessary.

Hello everyone. I specifically created an account to ask this question so I really really hope you guys can help me. After finishing my pre-u course, I have decided to apply to this university called National Yang-Ming University. The only thing that is scratching my head now is that I am required to submit three essays which are autobiography, statement of purpose and study plan!! I have completed my autobiography and study plan but I have no idea what to write for my statement of purpose since that I have pretty much covered everything that i can think of and necessary in study plan and autobiography. After googling and reading tons of sample, I have been told that statement of purpose is essentially the same stuff just with different names :eek: . Any help here?
tank
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Applying to a Taiwan university. Need help urgently!

Postby abovik » 27 Feb 2016, 01:41

Medicine? The first search hit on google tells me
1. Statement of Purpose: more like your education history (your gpa, curriculum, etc.)
What driven you to apply and how you have prepared.
2. Autobiography: personal history, family, etc. that have influenced you
Basically, what differentiates you from other applicants and whether you would succeed or not.
3. Study Plan: my guess this is like a research proposal?

What do you think?
abovik
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

In Taiwan since: 01 Jan 2008

Re: Applying to a Taiwan university. Need help urgently!

Postby Icon » 27 Feb 2016, 12:00

In my statement of purpose a wrote a more detailed plan, sort of a business plan, of my specufuc goals after graduation, why I needed the knowledge in rhis program, which courses would help me achieve those goals and what time frame I estimated was required.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Teaching English in Taiwan