SMART Board Lessons

Moderator: Tempo Gain

SMART Board Lessons

Postby dashgalaxy86 » 02 Jun 2011, 21:36

Hey everyone. I need some help... at my new job I'm learning how to use my classroom's SMART Board, and it's a lot of fun, but I'm curious if anyone here has any advice on how to use it to the best effect. So far I've seen a lot of the same stuff... quizzes, limited games, but I feel like there must be more that can be done with it. If you have links to any useful lessons or want to post some advice, I'd really appreciate it!! Thank you!
I've found this site and a few others, but am still looking for more.

Also, many teachers at my school recommend a program called Prezi. The site appears to be having some trouble as it hasn't issued me a license to use it yet, but does anyone know this software? It seems pretty cool.

EDIT: Well I'm getting the hang of it... So nevermind I guess.
dashgalaxy86
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
24 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Re: SMART Board Lessons

Postby jonnyspermz » 11 Jul 2011, 10:39

http://www.thinkfinity.org has some great lessons and other resources; personally, I just practiced and practiced with Smartboard until I got the hang out it. It was hella fun. Gave a kick a$$ presentation on CNY and Taiwan's Feng Pao Festival just a few months ago.

Do you teach in Taiwan? In all my years out there, not once did I teach at a school with a Smartboard on the premises. I'm jealous!
"I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick 'Americans' as their mascot." - J.H.
jonnyspermz
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby dashgalaxy86 » 14 Jul 2011, 20:13

jonnyspermz wrote:http://www.thinkfinity.org has some great lessons and other resources; personally, I just practiced and practiced with Smartboard until I got the hang out it. It was hella fun. Gave a kick a$$ presentation on CNY and Taiwan's Feng Pao Festival just a few months ago.

Do you teach in Taiwan? In all my years out there, not once did I teach at a school with a Smartboard on the premises. I'm jealous!

There are a few schools that have them but they are all private elementary and high schools!
dashgalaxy86

ORIGINAL POSTER
24 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby jonnyspermz » 15 May 2012, 19:41

I just want to add to this thread, should you or anybody want any Smartboard lessons, I've got a ton that I created for 1st and 4th graders. They're easy to share by zipping and email or Dropbox, I reckon. You can also search on the Smartboard (second icon down on the upper left, it looks like a picture frame) for interactives that are built in. I believe you may also be able to download lessons and activities that way.

Again, for anybody using a Smartboard ... just USE it, you will get the hang of it that way. Oh, and if it's being disagreeable, point with your knuckle rather than a finger tip. I couldn't live without my Smartboard now that I've found my way using it!
"I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick 'Americans' as their mascot." - J.H.
jonnyspermz
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recommends(s)

x

Return to Teaching English in Taiwan