White Rose Sex Crime Law Comes into Effect in Taiwan

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

White Rose Sex Crime Law Comes into Effect in Taiwan

Postby fenlander » 26 Oct 2011, 08:19

The white Rose Sex Crime law is coming to effect. I think this is pretty good although probably too extreme a law in the opinion of many Forumosans, but I am in favor of it. It's a pity about the chemical castration part not passing; although I' be in favour of that too under the right circumstances. Good job Taiwan way to go!
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national-news/2011/10/26/321005/White-Rose.htm
fenlander
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
25 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Re: white rose sex crime law comes into effect in Taiwan

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 26 Oct 2011, 12:36

fenlander wrote:The white Rose Sex Crime law is coming to effect. I think this is pretty good although probably too extreme a law in the opinion of many Forumosans, but I am in favor of it. It's a pity about the chemical castration part not passing; although I' be in favour of that too under the right circumstances. Good job Taiwan way to go!
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national-news/2011/10/26/321005/White-Rose.htm

Yeah! They should introduce the amputation of limbs for thieves also. And people who peek should have their eyes cut out. I am all for that body mutilation stuff.
Let's begin! The middle ages have just started in full swing.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

7 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby heimuoshu » 26 Oct 2011, 14:10

I think it is a good solid step in the right direction. Not a fan of chemical castration, but don't know enough about all the issues surrounding it to make an informed judgement.
heimuoshu
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

6 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

Postby creztor » 26 Oct 2011, 14:29

I'd give it a "zan" if I could ;) Good idea!
Lost in Kaohsiung :D
creztor
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

89 Recommends(s)
18 Recognized(s)

Postby fenlander » 26 Oct 2011, 20:39

Hamletintaiwan wrote:
fenlander wrote:The white Rose Sex Crime law is coming to effect. I think this is pretty good although probably too extreme a law in the opinion of many Forumosans, but I am in favor of it. It's a pity about the chemical castration part not passing; although I' be in favour of that too under the right circumstances. Good job Taiwan way to go!

Yeah! They should introduce the amputation of limbs for thieves also. And people who peek should have their eyes cut out. I am all for that body mutilation stuff.

How is amputating limbs related to chemical castration? I think you are being sarcastic without actually understanding what is chemical castration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_castration
It is most often administered on a voluntary basis to sex offenders who wish to be "cured".
fenlander

ORIGINAL POSTER
25 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 26 Oct 2011, 21:02

fenlander wrote:
Hamletintaiwan wrote:

How is amputating limbs related to chemical castration? I think you are being sarcastic without actually understanding what is chemical castration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_castration
It is most often administered on a voluntary basis to sex offenders who wish to be "cured".

The right to physical integrity!
A little chemical something or amputating a limb who is going to draw the line. You? Me or who else?
The rapist surely enough did not understand the concept of that but someone has to make a start.

Otherwise let's take out the tools and let's begin.

If someone wishes to be chemically castrated, that's fine with me but putting that decision into someone else's hand is wrong.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan

7 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Re: White Rose Sex Crime Law Comes into Effect in Taiwan

Postby Gman » 09 Nov 2011, 21:41

Well thanks to advances in neurological science we are able, or soon will be, to determine which areas of the brain respond to narcotic stimulation. In my home city there is a high degree of property crime by drug addicts and this drugs use has been sighted as a primary reason for repeat offences. Perhaps in the near future we can line up these suckers for selective lobotomies. Or, we could nip this whole problem in the bud and simply lobotomize all drug users?
Gman

30 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 09 Nov 2011, 21:57

Gman wrote:Well thanks to advances in neurological science we are able, or soon will be, to determine which areas of the brain respond to narcotic stimulation. In my home city there is a high degree of property crime by drug addicts and this drugs use has been sighted as a primary reason for repeat offences. Perhaps in the near future we can line up these suckers for selective lobotomies. Or, we could nip this whole problem in the bud and simply lobotomize all drug users?

Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

62 Recommends(s)
54 Recognized(s)

Postby ehophi » 02 Jul 2013, 05:22

I agree with Hamlet. That is all.
Study Chinese at your leisure.
(Disclaimer: There's no moneyback guarantee because it's already free. You're welcome.)
ehophi
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

54 Recommends(s)
67 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Human Rights