I am being DEPORTED!!! Can ANYONE help me???!

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby Philippe » 21 Dec 2005, 21:04

Igorveni,
I would suggest you to properly read the entire topic before making such statements.
I did not do anything wrong. Read the facts once again.
Philippe
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 10
ORIGINAL POSTER
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 11:45



Postby igorveni » 21 Dec 2005, 21:20

Philippe wrote:Igorveni,
I would suggest you to properly read the entire topic before making such statements.
I did not do anything wrong. Read the facts once again.

Philippe, I've read the whole thread, there's only one post with the facts and that is the first one you posted.
I just can't believe you persist on saying you didn't do anything wrong, come on man! :noway: :noway:
igorveni
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: 06 Feb 2004, 12:48
Location: Taipei
1 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)



Postby Philippe » 21 Dec 2005, 21:39

Igorveni,
I was accused of substituting at another school. That's the reason why I've been deported. I wish I could tell you that everything was my fault to make you happy, but I can't. The facts are what they are. I was told to sign documents in Chinese by the FAP and the school repeatedly said to cooporate with them. There was no way man I could've walked out of that school.

The school said they had spoken to the FAP and that nothing would happen to me. For that to happen, I only had to write a statement. The school told me what to write and that was it.

It might easy for you to think I was stupid, but I would have loved seeing you there one month into your teaching career.

And if you look a few pages back, I clearly stated that I lost the appeal.
Philippe
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 10
ORIGINAL POSTER
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 11:45



Postby igorveni » 21 Dec 2005, 22:10

Philippe wrote:I wish I could tell you that everything was my fault to make you happy, but I can't.

I never insinuated that everything was your fault. And we're sure's hell not discussing this to make me happy.
OK! Now, you said:
Things started getting messy when I was asked to sign Chinese documents without being informed of their content.

:eek: That was your first mistake you've got to admit that, I mean, did you have a gun pointed at you? This is not China! I cannot believe you had no way out, you just couldn't say NO!

Then you wrote:
The staff, once again, reassured me that this would not hurt me in any way and that everything was under control.

Why on earth would you trust that from starngers, I assume you were not friends with these people.
Then:
The school then suggested that I write a statement explaining that I was a substitute and that I had taught children that day.

Now, that is just outrageous that they would ask you to do that but even more that you'd actually do it!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
And then the killer one:
I'm innocent of any wrongdoing.

You've gotta be kidding!!!
Sure, you were deported for subing in a school, but you were just visiting, I get it, that's too bad.OK! you said, you were only visiting your friend. Fine.
Maybe they were trying to do you in, maybe they are evil bastards blah, blah, blah.
But at the end of the day, it is YOUR wrongdoing all the way from step 1 above to step 3. and I just don't get that you can't admit that and that you can only claim to be a terrible "victime" of HR violations.
I am not saying what they did was correct, do you understand me? I am not, all I am pointing out is when you say "I'm innocent of any wrongdoing. " I shake my head in disbelief :noway: :noway: :noway:
I am sorry that happened to you and i truly wish you win your appeal. So good luck!
igorveni
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: 06 Feb 2004, 12:48
Location: Taipei
1 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)



Postby jonnyspermz » 21 Dec 2005, 22:24

Visiting a friend is not against the law. Trusting The Law is within an individual's logical rights; naive as it may be, someone with barely a month under their belt is easily prone to blindly trusting an EXTENSION OF A CIVILIZED GOVERNMENT. Get off his back, buddy. As I see it, the mistake made here was trusting the school and police force (hardly strangers on the street). Mistakes I hope anyone reading these posts will never make; mistakes a human being could easily make in a new place; assumptions based on knowing he/she is in the right for what he/she did being entirely within the realm of acceptable action. Phillippe lost his appeal, which sucks a bag of donkey dicks, but what sucks most of all is the shady, underhanded way he was treated, from the moment of the incident until now, his ouster being permanent, his positive effect on this fine island being removed, without any chance of this being changed.
"I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick 'Americans' as their mascot." - J.H.
jonnyspermz
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 07 Nov 2005, 22:04
Location: Taipei, Taichung ... and now NY
1 Recommends(s)



Re: I am being DEPORTED!!! Can ANYONE help me???!

Postby ski » 21 Dec 2005, 22:27

That's too bad Philippe but

Philippe wrote:I The school then suggested that I write a statement explaining that I was a substitute and that I had taught children that day.

As naive as this may look like now, I collaborated and wrote that statement which I regret to this very day.


You're going to have a hard time convincing the powers that be, you are innocent. You have already confessed. The case to them is going to be open and shut and from the sounds of it is shut.

Good luck though

Ski
ski
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
 
Posts: 343
Joined: 26 Feb 2003, 15:17
Location: Neihu



Postby igorveni » 21 Dec 2005, 22:41

but what sucks most of all is the shady, underhanded way he was treated, from the moment of the incident until now

That I agree with!
his ouster being permanent

I thought it was 5 years.
his positive effect on this fine island being removed, without any chance of this being changed.

Now you're pushing! :wink: If he really likes this island and has some connection to it, he will come back and make the best of it! I sure hope so for him, if that's what he wants.
igorveni
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: 06 Feb 2004, 12:48
Location: Taipei
1 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)



Postby Satellite TV » 21 Dec 2005, 22:49

Philippe wrote: They assumed I was teaching there .....

There was a lack of communication on both ends, and it resulted in the worst case possible. The English was very poor, but to me, the school was trying their best to get me out of there in a safely manner with no repercussions..


Q. If they didnt see you teaching how would they assume youre teaching there unless you tell them so? You were'nt standing in front of a class were you?

Q. If the communication was so poor how did you know what was going on?

Why should there have been an repercussions if you werent teaching or working at the school?

I'm sure many of us have signed statements for credit cards, loans, drivers licences and such... did you never read the part about making false statements?

Philippe your error was signing a statement you know to be false.. this already should have had the alarm bells ringing.

I don't know what they teach in college nowadays maybe everybody should take a course in contracts and torts. I did.
It's such a pleasure living in a world where everyone is in such a hurry to be outraged over someone else’s trivial comments
Forumosan avatar
Satellite TV
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
 
Posts: 7073
Joined: 18 Jun 2004, 11:10



Well

Postby Taiwaner » 21 Dec 2005, 22:53

Igorveni, this is a perfect example of someone jumping in at the end of a LONG ordeal and really not understanding the whole story.

I suggest you go to some of the other sections of Forumosa and read the stories of TiredCanadianGirl, SpunkeyMonkey and Toufuren..... just to name a few.

These teachers did nothing different than 99% of teachers in Taiwan and they were deported. If you read through the "Work Rules for English Teachers" in the Work section, you will see that ALL teachers in Taiwan work illegally at some point.

In the future, I suggest that you try and understand all the factor's involved in a complicated situation like this one before lashing out and blaming this on Philippe. The OPPOSITE is true.

Igorveni said
If he really likes this island and has some connection to it, he will come back and make the best of it! I sure hope so for him, if that's what he wants.


Did you read that he was DEPORTED! You can't legally come back to the country when you have been deported.

Taiwan is a wonderful place where teachers are treated incredibly well. That probably explains how you have such a hard time believing that Philippe (and these other teachers) could have been treated this way. I had a very hard time with it too, at first. However, it did happen and it was wrong and horrible in every single way.
Taiwaner
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 02:34



Postby Yellow Cartman » 21 Dec 2005, 22:59

igorveni wrote:OK! Now, you said:
Things started getting messy when I was asked to sign Chinese documents without being informed of their content.

:eek: That was your first mistake you've got to admit that, I mean, did you have a gun pointed at you? This is not China! I cannot believe you had no way out, you just couldn't say NO!


A few people have harped on this point re: what to do when facing a raid. I'd like for those individuals to refer back to a poster named "tiredcanadiangirl". Once you finished reading her ordeal, you'll find that "leaving the premises" and "not signing the papers" are not as easy as simply typing on this forum.

I have also interviewed both Philippe and tiredcanadiangirl before they left Taiwan to view their paperwork, and understand their experiences. No one, neither the teacher nor the school wants to be hit with a raid. It screws up everyone's lives but moreso for the teachers.

As an aside, I happen to know for a fact that the FAP supervisor in charge of Philippe's raid and tiredcanadiangirl's raid were one and the same from the Taipei City FAP office. One does not want to be caught in one of his raids. That's about all I can say publicly.
Trillian: You idiot! You signed the order to destroy Earth!
Zaphod: I did?
Arthur: He did?
Trillian: Love and kisses Zaphod? You didn't even read it, did you?
Zaphod: Well, I'm president, I don't have a lot of time for reading.
Trillian: My whole planet destroyed because you thought someone wanted your autograph!
Forumosan avatar
Yellow Cartman
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
 
Posts: 3419
Joined: 23 May 2004, 22:20
Location: Greater China Area and beyond!
1 Recognized(s)



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext




Proceed to Human Rights



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 1 visitor

No, it's not OK to come back into the galley to stretch and bend over with your rear end in my face while I'm in my jump seat during my only break, trying to eat a meal.
From "13 Things Your Flight Attendant Won't Tell You"