No reason needed for deportations, say police officials

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby Lord Lucan » 13 Mar 2006, 20:36

No country enforces all of its laws all of the time with equal enthusiasm. Who was the last person in the UK to be prosecuted for not signing his driving licence? It's a criminal offence. How many posters on this site have never broken a Taiwanese law? Illegal workers probably make it worse for those of us who play by the rules, but I bet the majority of illegal workers here are mainland Chinese or SEA citizens who are working illegally under duress from or with the "help" of the triads. Just how on earth do all these foreigners get in here to work illegally? :s
Forumosan avatar
Lord Lucan
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

4 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby mod lang » 13 Mar 2006, 21:20

TainanCowboy wrote:
Toe Tag wrote:I have to agree with TC and the above posters. I only wish the USA could learn from the fine example of the ROC, or the PRC for that matter.

Its good to see TT is coming around.
Now if the USA could only start enforcing its existing laws on illegal entry into the country. And enforcing its existing laws on employing illegal aliens.
There is always hope...and with hope and NT$55.00 I can buy a 600ml bottle of Taiwan Beer at 7/11.

Why don't they sell 1 liter bottles of beer here?

What, and bankrupt the entire southern California agricultural industry? Wanna pay 15 dollars for a bottle of orange juice? Ain't nobody want that to happen.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it."
-- George Bernard Shaw

Show me a cultural relativist at thirty thousand feet and I'll show you a hypocrite. Airplanes are built according to scientific principles and they work. They stay aloft and they get you to a chosen destination. Airplanes built to tribal or mythological specifications such as the dummy planes of the Cargo cults in jungle clearings or the bees-waxed wings of Icarus don't.
mod lang
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

Postby Lord Lucan » 15 Mar 2006, 13:26

mod lang wrote:What, and bankrupt the entire southern California agricultural industry? Wanna pay 15 dollars for a bottle of orange juice? Ain't nobody want that to happen.

Right. Anyone for NT$2,000 an hour English lessons? Or US$500 blow jobs? A maid that costs US$20,000 a year? Who fancies actually having to get off his fat lazy ass and getting his life together in order to actually attract a woman to voluntarily marry him and start a family? Fuck that shit. Lo Da Ge has a shed in Xin Zhuang full of Vietnamese girls and ah think ah'll go and uh git me one for NT$100,000.
Forumosan avatar
Lord Lucan

4 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby Dangermouse » 21 Mar 2006, 18:35

Who was the last person in the UK to be prosecuted for not signing his driving licence? It's a criminal offence.

I remember...probably Roger Pearson of Bromsgrove who was bad-mouthing my sergeant after being pulled over. He was being an offensive dick, but there was nothing to fine him for and no offence had been committed as it was just a stop check.

Until the sarg realised he hadn't signed his licence. A file was prepared and sent to the court :lol:

The sarg was an arse too, though.
Dangermouse
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)

Postby Lord Lucan » 21 Mar 2006, 20:53

Dangermouse wrote:
Who was the last person in the UK to be prosecuted for not signing his driving licence? It's a criminal offence.

I remember...probably Roger Pearson of Bromsgrove who was bad-mouthing my sergeant after being pulled over. He was being an offensive dick, but there was nothing to fine him for and no offence had been committed as it was just a stop check.

Until the sarg realised he hadn't signed his licence. A file was prepared and sent to the court :lol:

The sarg was an arse too, though.

HAHAHA! "And [SMASH!] a defective tailight, sir"...
Forumosan avatar
Lord Lucan

4 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby Hartzell » 30 Mar 2006, 23:24

Committee argues over deportation procedures
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ ... 2003299967
Richard W. Hartzell
contact me by email at rwh.midway@gmail.com
Neihu District, Taipei (114)
Forumosan avatar
Hartzell
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
19 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Tag » 13 Apr 2006, 17:09

"A legislator called for laws to be changed so officials would be required to provide the reasons for deportations, but an official said that wasn't necessary." One thing I don't see being discussed is that, its necessary if they want foreigners to come here. I'm glad this is seeing the light of day. I'll certainly advise people that this is one less right they may not have if they decide to work here. Maybe they don't want foreigners here, its their country. I'm glad to know about this, but the current state of affairs and any future uncertainty for me makes me feel less welcome, and clearer on how and when I'd lay my escape plans. I know that in practice as an American married to a local I'd be unlikely to be deported, but out of solidarity I'm looking at Taiwan with a jaundiced eye. Watching to see how they handle this.
Toe Tag
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Postby Lord Lucan » 13 Apr 2006, 18:56

Is there a difference in Taiwan between not giving reasons for refusal to issue a visa, and not giving reasons a deportation? It seems to be quite common in various jurisdictions to reserve the right not to give reasons for not issuing a visa, but a deportation is usually an order that follows on from some investigation, or legal process. There must be something in Taiwan which stops the police from being able to deport people on a whim, surely?

For resident workers, students, or those on a JFRV, the least one could expect would be an immigration appeals board. That wouldn't hurt anyone, surely?
Forumosan avatar
Lord Lucan

4 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Tag » 13 Apr 2006, 20:52

There's a world of difference between being denied a visa and then not getting on the plane and coming here, and getting deported once you've set up a life here. Unless of course you're already here and trying to string together a series of 60 day visas, but that's different.

IMHO the ROC has historically had more than its share of secret police activity. True, deportation is progress from being dropped out your office window or having your children murdered, but to me this sordid history is all the more reason for transparency on this issue.
Toe Tag

Postby fought » 17 Apr 2006, 14:47

IMHO the ROC has historically had more than its share of secret police activity. True, deportation is progress from being dropped out your office window or having your children murdered, but to me this sordid history is all the more reason for transparency on this issue.

Hi,

I am looking into why some of my pals were deported following a bust at springscream. I have not heard anything from the police and dont know who to contact for expmlantions about this. I don't think it is fair to discriminate against foregners. does anyone know about any legal process i can go throught to get explanations?Thanks!
fought
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

PreviousNext

Return to Human Rights