Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

WISHLIST for legal rights in U.S.

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby Enigma » 14 Nov 2006, 19:27

Easing the morass of requirements for collecting Social Security benefits while living abroad and the issue, as I currently understand it, of having to move my wife and I back to the States for at least 5 years before she is entitled to receive survivor's benefits upon my death. This requierement means that I must interrupt my career abroad for 5 years, leave my friends and my wife's family and re-establish ourelves in the U.S. for no good reason other than to appease an obscure rule that is misguided.
Enigma
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby jlick » 14 Nov 2006, 19:54

Note: I've split this off into a new topic.

It would also be nice if the US stopped insisting on taxing foreign income of their citizens who live overseas long term. It is one of the few countries in the world to do so. Especially when they make it difficult to impossible for overseas residents to participate in the government benefit programs funded by the taxes.
SUBWAY™ eat fresh! Free wireless Internet access at both Jimmy's Sandwich Company locations:
SUBWAY™ Qingcheng Restaurant: Urban One 1F #1 Qingcheng Street, Taipei. (Nanjing East Road MRT station)
SUBWAY™ Minquan Jilin Restaurant: #74, Section 2, Minquan East Road, Taipei.
Forumosan avatar
jlick
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

8 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby Namahottie » 14 Nov 2006, 21:08

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 becomes permanent.

Roe VS Wade isn't a reference for abortion rights.
@michellemalkin Just so we're perfectly fucking clear here: You're a crazy fucking shitwad. Enjoy your night. Read more at @MayorEmanuel
Namahottie
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 14 Nov 2006, 21:21

Gay marriage and abortion rights to be enshrined in the Constitution.
Separation of church and state to be absolute.
Electoral cllege to be abolished.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

85 Recommends(s)
182 Recognized(s)

Postby Screaming Jesus » 23 Nov 2006, 15:37

All "affirmative action," welfare, and civil rights laws overturned. Full freedom of association and states' rights restored. (Liberals and conservatives could go live as they please in their own states.)

No legal recognition of corporate "persons."

Libertarian tax laws. No more wasting money on farm subsidies or public schools!

Marriage laws reorganized into pure contract law. Polygamy, gay marriage, whatever, gets equal recognition from the state.

Debt jubilees every 70 years, just like the Bible say.

All descendents of illegal aliens to be stripped of citizenship.

Buying and selling of citizenship allowed so that, for example, poor Americans can sell their citizenship to rich foreigners, and then go live in some foreign hellhole where they would be happier, probably.

Western civilization declared to be the official civilization of the USA. English declared the official language, and Christianity the official majority religion (different from official religion). Immigration regulations fine-tuned in order to preserve the cultural richness of white people.

A parliamentary system. Or if we must have an independent executive, how about a plural executive like the one from John Titor's universe?

Canada declared to be an inalienable part of America--our "near abroad". Annexation of Baja California in exchange for forgiveness of Mexican debt.

Permission required in order to breed. Requirements would include the signatures of at least two adults with minimum income levels. Father must give permission in order for fetus to be carried to term.

Klingon "Right of Vengeance" officially recognized by law.

Lowering of the age of consent in the case of animals whose lifespans are lower than humans. You know, since one "dog year" is equal to seven human years...?
Screaming Jesus
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Human Rights