‘Do Not Pray’ lists prove popular

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Postby Chris » 03 Jun 2008, 23:35

Hey, if some fundie wants to pray for me, let them. All it does is waste their time, and I can continue my sinning in peace.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

78 Recommends(s)
167 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 04 Jun 2008, 00:56

Dragonbones wrote:What does "Christians are salty" mean?

Christians are called to be salt and light. You know, salty, like savory--like salty fried chicken. Also, what Sandman said about worth their salt.

This is where so many Christians mess up. Y'all know I'm Christian, but I hate to see Christians telling someone they're going to hell. God says, very clearly, that HE is the judge and He decides your eternity. If someone has questions, I'll anser to the best of my ability, but I think it's wrong to try to force any belief on anyone else. Even I won't eat salty fried chicken if you try to shove it down my throate!
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

95 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Re: ‘Do Not Pray’ lists prove popular

Postby Charlie Jack » 23 Aug 2008, 22:47

Daniel Kahneman wrote:[P]eople [a]re endlessly complicated and interesting.
Charlie Jack
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

1014 Recommends(s)
181 Recognized(s)

Re:

Postby Fortigurn » 10 Sep 2008, 17:43

Mother Theresa wrote:And, people may have perfectly valid reasons to wish the Christians would mind their own damned business and keep their prayers to themselves.

Unless they're praying in your face, they are keeping their prayers to themselves. This is just lunacy:

"We do not want prayer from Christians, and we did not ask for it," he told a reporter. "It’s a violation to pray for someone without their knowledge or consent."

How is it a 'violation'? What is it 'violating'? :loco:

Edit: Ah, the original article is a satire, now I get it.
Hiking gear.
Forumosan avatar
Fortigurn
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

13 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Re: ‘Do Not Pray’ lists prove popular

Postby Chris » 10 Sep 2008, 17:52

Hey, if someone wants to pray for me, it's their time and effort they're wasting, not mine.

EDIT: I see. This is an old article, and I already made a similar statement above... :oops:
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

78 Recommends(s)
167 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Human Rights