Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

What are the rights for expats in Taiwan?

Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: What are the rights for expats in Taiwan?

Postby tommy525 » 17 Jan 2011, 13:27

GuyInTaiwan wrote:I prefer the term expat over foreigner, but they're ultimately both words. Who gives a rodent's earlobe?

I'd like to see sandman, steelersman and sulavaca chime in on this one, especially sulavaca, and where's tommy525? I'm sure this has something to do with chicks, a conspiracy to make people attain unnecessary qualifications or fiat currency.

:cool: This is not the usual tommy525 kinda thread because it has NOTHING to do with hot TW chicks !! And the TW govt wont let me stay in Taiwan more then 30 days at a go unless i marry one of its fair citizens and those are plenty rare in my neck of the woods ! I need a "target rich" environment like Tom Cruise says in Top Gun.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

591 Recommends(s)
371 Recognized(s)

Postby ludahai » 25 Jun 2011, 16:44

divea wrote:I've heard of rebels without a cause but a protestor looking for sth. to protest???? :doh: Besides who needs an excuse to cause a ruckus???
and, wouldn't mind going to a protest that I agreed with in Taiwan, wanted to know what my rights with that were.

:roflmao: do protestors get paid?

They get paid lunchboxes in some KMT rallies...
I have a dream, a dream where a democratic China lives side by side with Taiwan, Tibet, and Turkestan, all free and democratic.
ludahai
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby cyborg_ninja » 23 Feb 2012, 11:22

ludahai wrote:
divea wrote:I've heard of rebels without a cause but a protestor looking for sth. to protest???? :doh: Besides who needs an excuse to cause a ruckus???
and, wouldn't mind going to a protest that I agreed with in Taiwan, wanted to know what my rights with that were.

:roflmao: do protestors get paid?

They get paid lunchboxes in some KMT rallies...

They have the right to sue school students who ask married foreign teachers not to hit up on young teenage female students at school parties.
cyborg_ninja
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

4 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 23 Feb 2012, 16:09

You have a right to not understand what is going on.
You have the right to understand and KNOW it is going on.
You have the right to be WRONG.
You have the right to be RIGHT (but silent).
You have to right to stay (up to a point).
You have the right to leave (and maybe come back).
You have a right to sample the local fauna and flora (and acquire their possibly attendant problems).
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

591 Recommends(s)
371 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Human Rights