Game: Find my restaurant!

Moderators: citizen k, elektronisk

Game: Find my restaurant!

Postby 914 » 05 May 2012, 22:27

Hello,

I need some assistance finding a very specific restaurant.

Requirements:

Tianmu or within 10 minutes cab ride to veteran general hospital In traffic
$$$ mid-high end
Good to great attentive service
No mosquitoes, air conditioned, comfortable seating
Must have terrific salads with real dark leafy greens not iceberg crap. I loved paco's salads but it's too far away and there are too many mosquitoes there
Fab menu selection that is not half covered in baked cheese or cream or pork or grease. New American/California fresh, if you get my drift
High traffic area so can hail a cab like that
Not in a hotel
Not a buffet

Terrific salad selection is key.
Salads.
Fresh salads.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

:bow:
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
914
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
 
Posts: 2847
ORIGINAL POSTER
Joined: 01 Jun 2004, 16:11
Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Game: Find my restaurant!

Postby elektronisk » 06 May 2012, 11:00

914 wrote:Tianmu or within 10 minutes cab ride to veteran general hospital In traffic


If you are insinuating that there is a number 3 on the way I'm going to come over there and slap someone upside the head.

Can't help you in the short term with your local requirements (albeit everything else meets the checklist but I would forgo the AC and sit outside for the view and there aren't any bugs there because they all hang out at room 18) but you need to give California pizza kitchen at the back side of Warner's/vieshow Xinyi a try. Pizza with an arugula based salad on top. trust me.

The Pear/gorgonzola pizza or the salmon/caper one are both good. You could also try the caramelized peach salad if they still have it.

http://www.cpk.com
"We are only here briefly, and in this moment I want to allow myself joy." - Her

There is a truth and it's on our side,
Dawn is coming , open your eyes - José González

Make love your goal, not your gaol.
A wise man can learn more from himself than he could learn from anyone else, if only he seeks and listens.
Afar isn't as bad as it sounds, it is the longevity of it that hurts.
Smile and make others feel happy today.
Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest.
Forumosan avatar
elektronisk
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
 
Posts: 2927
Joined: 05 May 2004, 21:22
Location: here
61 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Game: Find my restaurant!

Postby 914 » 07 May 2012, 10:39

E, cpk? Iz u srs?

But thank you for the suggestion. If I'm in the big city and looking for a casual sit-down, its an option. It's not exactly mid to high end in NorCal though, but maybe they classified the joint here?
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
914
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
 
Posts: 2847
ORIGINAL POSTER
Joined: 01 Jun 2004, 16:11
Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Game: Find my restaurant!

Postby Mayan » 07 May 2012, 18:27

I might humbly suggest the Mayan Grill.

We have great salads like the Garden and Ancho Chicken with mixed leaf lettuces (romaine, green leaf, red leaf, frisee etc), our Caesar is tough to beat too, but that's it, not a huge salad selection, but they're very nourishing and tasty.

We're upscale casual so the atmosphere is great and service is generally very attentive, ask for Ray or Cash (Ray's English is a bit better, but they're both very friendly and attentive) and prices are very fair for the high quality fare we serve (average entree is about 300, gourmet items 500-1250 for the 12oz Organic USDA Black Angus Ribeye).

Its a 10 min cab ride from Tianmu (same from Eastern District), so I think the location matches. You can hail a cab right in front of our place or our staff will call a cab for you.

I think the one area we may miss your mark is that its Mexican food rather than traditional California/New American, but its not Tex-Mex so its lighter, fresher and more what we're used to in California, including our Haas avocados imported from Cali that we use to make awesome Guacamole (limited availability due to the fact that avocados are ripe for only one day then are unusable except as a skin treatment :wink: ). Hey, does the guacamole count as a salad? :wink:

check out our website http://www.mayangrill.com for more info, or call 02-2511-6292 to reserve!
Mayan
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 02 Jun 2011, 18:13
4 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Game: Find my restaurant!

Postby elektronisk » 07 May 2012, 21:32

914 wrote:E, cpk? Iz u srs?


I thought, or certainly hoped, that you knew me better. You are a ninja after all so use your skillz. I would be devastated if someone like you couldn't find your way to a smile from my hints.

Worse would be hearing that a friend didn't heed my advice.

But of course you could actually attend the next fredfest where there will probably be an abundance of vegetables and fruits. I'll be there if I'm allowed. I know, that would require raising the entry requirements/standards to get me in the door. For you, I'm not certain. Probably no chance but I could put in a good word for you. Fred might be persuaded by oiled Samoan abs or plex.
"We are only here briefly, and in this moment I want to allow myself joy." - Her

There is a truth and it's on our side,
Dawn is coming , open your eyes - José González

Make love your goal, not your gaol.
A wise man can learn more from himself than he could learn from anyone else, if only he seeks and listens.
Afar isn't as bad as it sounds, it is the longevity of it that hurts.
Smile and make others feel happy today.
Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest.
Forumosan avatar
elektronisk
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
 
Posts: 2927
Joined: 05 May 2004, 21:22
Location: here
61 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Game: Find my restaurant!

Postby 914 » 10 May 2012, 23:13

MayanGrill wrote:I might humbly suggest the Mayan Grill.

We have great salads like the Garden and Ancho Chicken with mixed leaf lettuces (romaine, green leaf, red leaf, frisee etc), our Caesar is tough to beat too, but that's it, not a huge salad selection, but they're very nourishing and tasty.

We're upscale casual so the atmosphere is great and service is generally very attentive, ask for Ray or Cash (Ray's English is a bit better, but they're both very friendly and attentive) and prices are very fair for the high quality fare we serve (average entree is about 300, gourmet items 500-1250 for the 12oz Organic USDA Black Angus Ribeye).

Its a 10 min cab ride from Tianmu (same from Eastern District), so I think the location matches. You can hail a cab right in front of our place or our staff will call a cab for you.

I think the one area we may miss your mark is that its Mexican food rather than traditional California/New American, but its not Tex-Mex so its lighter, fresher and more what we're used to in California, including our Haas avocados imported from Cali that we use to make awesome Guacamole (limited availability due to the fact that avocados are ripe for only one day then are unusable except as a skin treatment :wink: ). Hey, does the guacamole count as a salad? :wink:

check out our website http://www.mayangrill.com for more info, or call 02-2511-6292 to reserve!

I like this answer. Pride in your food and a little self promo never hurt anyone.

It has been suggested to me by more than two people as a matter of fact. Trust me, i will make it there very soon to try it out before we bring the in laws this summer. Do u offer corn tortillas for gluten-free diners? My mil lurves Mexican food and she feels more comfy dining in a clean, polished eatery, but she has celiac. Can your staff accomodate? And then theres my s/o, who is dairy-free, can you accomodate? I love a casual diner, but like to step it up once in a while.

Looking forward to trying your place out before we bring our posse. Ive seen pictures, and the food looks fab.
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
914
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
 
Posts: 2847
ORIGINAL POSTER
Joined: 01 Jun 2004, 16:11
Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Game: Find my restaurant!

Postby Wacow » 11 May 2012, 15:48

MayanGrill wrote: Guacamole (limited availability due to the fact that avocados are ripe for only one day then are unusable except as a skin treatment :wink: ).


Might I suggest storing the bulk of your avocados in the refrigerator. They will store for up to two weeks or more. When you plan to use them, take limited quantities out as needed and store them at room temperate. They will ripen within one or two days. This may help you have a more consistently available product.

-From a Californian that grew up with a Haas Avocado tree in the backyard...
Wacow
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 17:36
Location: Taipei
1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Game: Find my restaurant!

Postby Mayan » 18 May 2012, 13:02

914 wrote:
MayanGrill wrote:I might humbly suggest the Mayan Grill.

We have great salads like the Garden and Ancho Chicken with mixed leaf lettuces (romaine, green leaf, red leaf, frisee etc), our Caesar is tough to beat too, but that's it, not a huge salad selection, but they're very nourishing and tasty.

We're upscale casual so the atmosphere is great and service is generally very attentive, ask for Ray or Cash (Ray's English is a bit better, but they're both very friendly and attentive) and prices are very fair for the high quality fare we serve (average entree is about 300, gourmet items 500-1250 for the 12oz Organic USDA Black Angus Ribeye).

Its a 10 min cab ride from Tianmu (same from Eastern District), so I think the location matches. You can hail a cab right in front of our place or our staff will call a cab for you.

I think the one area we may miss your mark is that its Mexican food rather than traditional California/New American, but its not Tex-Mex so its lighter, fresher and more what we're used to in California, including our Haas avocados imported from Cali that we use to make awesome Guacamole (limited availability due to the fact that avocados are ripe for only one day then are unusable except as a skin treatment :wink: ). Hey, does the guacamole count as a salad? :wink:

check out our website http://www.mayangrill.com for more info, or call 02-2511-6292 to reserve!

I like this answer. Pride in your food and a little self promo never hurt anyone.

It has been suggested to me by more than two people as a matter of fact. Trust me, i will make it there very soon to try it out before we bring the in laws this summer. Do u offer corn tortillas for gluten-free diners? My mil lurves Mexican food and she feels more comfy dining in a clean, polished eatery, but she has celiac. Can your staff accomodate? And then theres my s/o, who is dairy-free, can you accomodate? I love a casual diner, but like to step it up once in a while.

Looking forward to trying your place out before we bring our posse. Ive seen pictures, and the food looks fab.


Glad to hear the good word is getting around!

Yes to both questions, we can accommodate gluten-free no problem (actually a lot of Mexican is gluten free), and we can do non-dairy as well. But its so sad to take the cheese and crema out of Mexican food! :doh: j/k we're always happy to accommodate special requests whenever we can.
Mayan
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 02 Jun 2011, 18:13
4 Recognized(s)

6000





 
 
 x

Return to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 1 visitor

Passengers are always coming up to me and tattling on each other. 'Can you tell him to put his seat up?' 'She won't share the armrest.' What am I, a preschool teacher?
From "13 Things Your Flight Attendant Won't Tell You"