Nightclub that has a no-smoking policy?

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Postby sc3_iversean » 24 Jan 2012, 04:18

has a NO-smoking policy? I've been looking to no apparent avail. Apparently most clubs in Taiwan allow smoking inside, but hopefully my fellow forumosans know of some, or one? I live in the Taipei area. I heard Brass Monkey doesn't allow smoking, but I consider that more of a bar.

I am really annoyed by smokers so I'd be happy if anybody could let me know if one exists in the Taipei Area. Thanks!
sc3_iversean
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Nightclub that...

Postby finley » 24 Jan 2012, 09:33

eh? I was under the impression that there was a blanket ban on smoking in all indoor public places. Perhaps nightclubs are run by people for whom the law is a minor, and very flexible, irritation.

Personally (I'm a non-smoker) I think the smell of smoke is preferable to the stench of alcohol metabolites and sweat. People like to smoke in nightclubs - without the smoking, they're not real nightclubs.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

926 Recommends(s)
688 Recognized(s)

Re: Nightclub that...

Postby Taiwan Luthiers » 30 Jan 2012, 10:09

That's like finding a bar that doesn't serve alcohol.
Cat-gut strings are made from kitten guts, stretched out to near breaking point and then hardened with grue saliva. As a result these give a feeling of Pain and anguish whenever played, and often end up playing themselves backwards as part of satanic rituals.

Typhoon Guitars
http://www.typhoonguitars.com
Taiwan Luthiers
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

1 Recommends(s)
102 Recognized(s)

Re: Nightclub that has a no-smoking policy?

Postby Chris » 30 Jan 2012, 11:17

I thought it wasn't a matter of bar/club policy, but of city or national law.

Brass Monkey used to be a smoky place until the no-smoking law went into effect.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

96 Recommends(s)
218 Recognized(s)

Postby rk1951 » 30 Jan 2012, 22:51

Chris wrote:I thought it wasn't a matter of bar/club policy, but of city or national law.

Brass Monkey used to be a smoky place until the no-smoking law went into effect.

True, but the police are not enforcing the law too much. You won't find a nightclub that doesn't allow smoking. Everyone is smoking in those places. There are a few bars though that the bosses have banned smoking to only certain areas of their bars. I'm not sure about Brass Monkey!
No one dies a virgin, life screws us all.
Forumosan avatar
rk1951
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

10 Recognized(s)

Postby Taiwan Luthiers » 30 Jan 2012, 23:01

rk1951 wrote:
Chris wrote:I thought it wasn't a matter of bar/club policy, but of city or national law.

True, but the police are not enforcing the law too much. You won't find a nightclub that doesn't allow smoking. Everyone is smoking in those places. There are a few bars though that the bosses have banned smoking to only certain areas of their bars. I'm not sure about Brass Monkey!

If they really banned smoking at bars or club, then no one will go there.
Cat-gut strings are made from kitten guts, stretched out to near breaking point and then hardened with grue saliva. As a result these give a feeling of Pain and anguish whenever played, and often end up playing themselves backwards as part of satanic rituals.

Typhoon Guitars
http://www.typhoonguitars.com
Taiwan Luthiers

1 Recommends(s)
102 Recognized(s)

Postby rosarot » 31 Jan 2012, 00:55

Taiwan Luthiers wrote:
rk1951 wrote:

Right. Just like in the US and a lot of European countries. Hell, we don't even have bars or clubs any more, they all closed down after ban on smoking. :loco:
Why do people say "Grow some balls."? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! – Betty White
Forumosan avatar
rosarot
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

9 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 31 Jan 2012, 02:44

The law states that smoking is permissible in clubs, pubs, etc. that open after 9PM and don't allow in anyone under 18 years of age. Nothing to do with lax law enforcement. :aiyo:

I don't know many clubs that open before 9PM. :cool:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper

People are stupid everywhere, but there's something childlike and adorable about Taiwanese stupidity. - rowland
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1054 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 31 Jan 2012, 10:11

As has been noted, "Stepping out for a smoke" has become the code words for doing a runner on a bar tab.

Let them smoke and pay their bill is in the best interests of the bar owner.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 01 Feb 2012, 01:17

rosarot wrote:
Taiwan Luthiers wrote:
rk1951 wrote:

Right. Just like in the US and a lot of European countries. Hell, we don't even have bars or clubs any more, they all closed down after ban on smoking. :loco:

Thats not it, its the economy stoopid.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1833 Recommends(s)
658 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs