Cajun Seafood or something close to it in Taiwan/Taipei or Taipei county area?

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Re: Cajun Seafood or something close to it in Taiwan/Taipei or T

Postby tonyp747 » 10 Feb 2012, 06:57

Wacow wrote:This place has some Cajun dishes. Haven't tried it personally yet though.
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/z11jcc/6305119

Wonder if anyone been here, if anyone have please leave feedback of the place.

Thanks
tonyp747
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Cajun Seafood or something close to it in Taiwan/Taipei or Taipei county area?

Postby tonyp747 » 10 Feb 2012, 07:00

chalouie wrote:The place in Linkou was

Encore Kitchen (安可食家), 203-1 Gongyuan Rd, Linkou Township

I think it's closed though.

thanks for update!! Man the boling seafood seems close enough wonder if they are any good, from the pics its looks not 100% cajun.
tonyp747

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Cajun Seafood or something close to it in Taiwan/Taipei or Taipei county area?

Postby chalouie » 10 Feb 2012, 07:06

I've walked by Boiling Seafood, but I haven't tried it. It doesn't look that great, but I may be wrong. Never actually spoken to anyone who has actually tried it.
chalouie
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby tonyp747 » 11 Feb 2012, 01:52

yeah I saw on some food blog their choices are very wide, not a orginal cajun place thats for sure, my friends going to try it out this weekend, see how pack they are and prices. If anyone have been there, lets hear some feedback!!

Thanks
tonyp747

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Cajun Seafood or something close to it in Taiwan/Taipei or T

Postby Tony the Tiger » 03 Aug 2012, 01:56

Wacow wrote:This place has some Cajun dishes. Haven't tried it personally yet though.

tonyp747 wrote:

Wonder if anyone been here, if anyone have please leave feedback of the place.

Thanks

chalouie wrote:I've walked by Boiling Seafood, but I haven't tried it. It doesn't look that great, but I may be wrong. Never actually spoken to anyone who has actually tried it.

I've been there. I took my gwai-lo friend there when he visited back in January. We just thought it was funny cause the name and sign is pretty much a ripoff of "The Boiling Crab" so we decided to try it. We went during lunch and the place was absolutely dead. When we went in, there was no one else there.

I remember I ordered something non-seafood related, some type of sandwich dish. The buns on the sandwich had little bread claws attached to them, that was a cute touch.

The food wasn't anything special but the service was surprisingly good. I remember the waitress was pretty patient with us when explaining the menu. My friend ordered something, but then several minutes later she came back and told us that they actually didn't have that dish today. So my friend had to order something else. We weren't too happy about this but ok shit happens.

However, the surprising twist was that they later rectified the situation by giving us a free platter of crabs! For those living in Taiwan, you guys know how incredibly rare this type of thing is. A truly commendable gesture :thumbsup: :bravo:

So the service was great and the free crabs were actually pretty damn good too. But of course free food always tastes better :D

When I left, I tipped the girl a 100 bux. She was surprised and grateful as she's probably never received a single tip in her whole life.

Go ahead and give this place a try.
Born in Taiwan. Grew up in California. Graduated from Cal. State Fullerton in 2008. Studied Chinese for 3 semesters at Shi-Da. Decided to live in Taiwan so I joined the Taiwanese army as 替代役.

Full-time poker player, Part-time English teacher.
Forumosan avatar
Tony the Tiger
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

3 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs