Chef Jason - My Place: best burgers ever!!!

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Re: Chef Jason - My Place: best burgers ever!!!

Postby Tomas » 25 Apr 2012, 18:10

chef jason wrote:
My two experiences as well as two other friend's visit separately were not as glowing. I'll save further comment in consideration hoping for good success as they only recently opened and must working out the kinks.

What was your experience and when was where you their? Sorry for asking I am the owner and I would like to know so I can fix te issue you had. Thank you

And this is how you run a business folks. Serve up a great product and word of mouth builds quickly. If someone complains, find out what went wrong and fix it.

I don't know why certain other restaurant owners can't learn this very simple lesson. It's gospel in the service industry, indisputably the right thing to do.

I'll be there soon, chefjason. I like your style.
Come on baby, you know you my home slice.
Tomas
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

143 Recommends(s)
169 Recognized(s)

Postby Adflob Sales » 25 Apr 2012, 18:26

Tomas wrote:
chef jason wrote:
My two experiences as well as two other friend's visit separately were not as glowing. I'll save further comment in consideration hoping for good success as they only recently opened and must working out the kinks.

What was your experience and when was where you their? Sorry for asking I am the owner and I would like to know so I can fix te issue you had. Thank you

And this is how you run a business folks. Serve up a great product and word of mouth builds quickly. If someone complains, find out what went wrong and fix it.

I don't know why certain other restaurant owners can't learn this very simple lesson. It's gospel in the service industry, indisputably the right thing to do.

I'll be there soon, chefjason. I like your style.

He has a good coach. One overly experienced in internet wars. ;)
Stew
Advertising Sales Manager
Forumosa.com
0912-910-500
sales@adflob.com
Adflob Sales
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

3 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby BigJohn » 05 May 2012, 11:22

Went back again to Chef Jason's and was not disappointed. Everything very fresh and tasty. It was difficult not to eat too fast. Really a different level of quality from The Diner.

BTW, after food at Chef Jason's, you can have some quality beers at the Sterling Tavern, more or less right across the street. It's a very authentic long timer hangout. Zero "corporate" feeling.
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
119 Recognized(s)

Postby Wacow » 14 Jun 2012, 09:49

Went there last night with the wife. A few areas that maybe could use some polishing:
-They were out of veggie burgers (my wife is on a vegetarian kick). It would be nice if the server could first let us know what's not available when handing out the menus, instead of after we decided to order
-Timing of food: my burger order came out first, followed by the appetizer combo plate, and finally my wife's pasta, long after I finished my burger.
-Marinara dipping sauce (or any sauce besides the table ketchup) for the deep fried mozzerella sticks, jalapeno poppers, etc. I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for this.

Overall it's a decent eating experience with fresh ingredients used for each dish.
Wacow
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby tango42 » 14 Jun 2012, 15:37

I pass by about once a week in the afternoons. Seems the door is almost always half way down and they not open. Diner is open and gets the business.

They really should consider ramping up the service and make a good name for themselves and draw from the Diner proximity.

Right now, views are very mixed, mostly on the down side, with few repeat customers (people that I know).
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
tango42
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

6 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby BigJohn » 14 Jun 2012, 15:50

tango42 wrote:I pass by about once a week in the afternoons. Seems the door is almost always half way down and they not open. Diner is open and gets the business.

They really should consider ramping up the service and make a good name for themselves and draw from the Diner proximity.

Right now, views are very mixed, mostly on the down side, with few repeat customers (people that I know).

They close in the afternoon between lunch and dinner.

Most reviews that I know are positive. Where are all these negative reviews you are talking about?

BTW, Have you actually been there yourself, or are you just chiming in with some free cheerful advice?
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
119 Recognized(s)

Postby chef jason » 14 Jun 2012, 18:58

Yes I close doing Monday - Friday between 2-5 so I can get ready for dinner service. I make everything fresh for lunch and then for my dinner service. My staff is all new they all started this week so I am getting them train. Yes your are right, I am getting ready to ramp up to get more new customers, as for repeat customer right now most of my business is from repeat customers. As for the diner I am not worried right now cause I know my food is fresher and better. I only been open for 4 months and the diner been open for 8 to 9 years. Thanks you for your comment hope to see you in my restaurant.
chef jason
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

In Taiwan since: 14 May 2010

Postby chef jason » 20 Jun 2012, 14:19

To all my customers:

I'd like to apologize if some of my food has not been up to my usual standard over the last few days. I have been dealing with a family tragedy which has really distracted me, and I hope I can count on your patience and understanding as I come to terms with it.

Sincerely,

Chef Jason
chef jason

In Taiwan since: 14 May 2010

Postby surreal_realism » 15 Aug 2012, 10:16

Is this place still up and running now?

[color=#400040]Just curious about the hours and the last service time for placing dinner orders
?[/color]

Do you recommend reservations?

Would really like to check it out (and not be subject to the same 'diner' fare as The Diner) ;-)

Hope to hear back asap and get in for some great quality food!
Anything, everything, little or big, becomes an adventure when the right person shares it.

DAMN IT ... that's going to leave a mark!
surreal_realism
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Location: down the road, down the alley, past the 7-11 on the corner, close to the mountain ... next to trees

Postby BigJohn » 15 Aug 2012, 15:26

The place is still open and still as good as ever! Not sure if you need reservations but might be a good idea.

The Sterling Tavern down the road has some great beers as well.
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
119 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs