Good place for drinks?

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Good place for drinks?

Postby Durins Bane » 11 Aug 2003, 08:54

Folks,

I am looking for a place in Taipei that is quiet and has good drinks at a fair price. When I mean good drinks, I mean the kind that slap you in face. Don't need blinking lights, the Combat Zone, or a chance for a shag...... just a drinkin' bar.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

DB
Guns don't kill people...magic missles do.

My first level orc is smarter than your honor student.
Durins Bane
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

ORIGINAL POSTER
7 Recognized(s)

Re: Good place for drinks?

Postby Comrade Stalin » 11 Aug 2003, 09:02

Durins Bane wrote:Folks,

I am looking for a place in Taipei that is quiet and has good drinks at a fair price. When I mean good drinks, I mean the kind that slap you in face. Don't need blinking lights, the Combat Zone, or a chance for a shag...... just a drinkin' bar.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

DB

Post Home for me.
"I got very well acquainted with Joe Stalin, and I like old Joe! He is a decent fellow." - Harry Truman after the Potsdam Conference
Comrade Stalin
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

4 Recognized(s)

Postby AWOL » 11 Aug 2003, 09:24

Others will disagree but I still like Saloon.

People behind the Far Eastern has a nice bar, and the outside section at the Far Eastern that sells german sausage/beer deals (nr the water feature thing) is also nice....
Forumosan avatar
AWOL
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

1 Recognized(s)

the villa

Postby lml » 11 Aug 2003, 11:23

the villa has a good atmosphere, very laid back with beautiful oriental deco. The prices for drinks are pretty standard, like all other bars....$200-250 for spirit drinks. can't quite remember beer prices as I don't drink beers. But there's only one way of finding out...

the villa
2735 0880
No. 30, Lane 11, Leli Road

Let us know how you go : )
lml

Postby Tomas » 11 Aug 2003, 16:37

For just drinking and maybe a little pool and televised sports, I like DV8, My Place, or the Brass Monkey. DV8 is more of a beer place.

If you want some real entertainment, go to Roxy 99 on Friday or Saturday night and watch the drunk foreigners and shaojies as they do the mating dance. Hilarious.
Tomas
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

142 Recommends(s)
168 Recognized(s)

Re: Good place for drinks?

Postby chodofu » 11 Aug 2003, 16:41

blueface666 wrote:
Post Home for me.

Me too, but I haven't seen you there for a while.

Chou
chodofu

Postby fredericka bimmel » 11 Aug 2003, 17:07

Qbar
Citizen Cain
Spaceman
Aliang and Friends
fredericka bimmel

Postby WarMonkey » 11 Aug 2003, 22:09

Dan Ryan's in the evening (not at the bar... get a table more inside the restaurant). It has a warm but lively (at least on Fri and Sat) atmosphere and the manager, Shirly, is a very, very nice person.
Forumosan avatar
WarMonkey
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

Postby formosa » 12 Aug 2003, 08:22

I went to Post Home once 2 years ago and all i heard was a white executive type guy and his posse of 4 making racist remarks about American blacks, women and Mexicans.

I will never go there again. I think it is a US outpost for rightwing conservative people and other rednecks. Enter at your own pleasure.
formosa

Postby Epicurean » 12 Aug 2003, 10:07

Some considerations for me are music and smoke. I like Dan Ryan
Epicurean

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs