Long John Silver's in Taipei

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Postby SuchAFob » 25 Nov 2006, 12:09

Best with louisiana chef hot sauce... :lick: :lick: :lick:
Needs a teleportation device.
SuchAFob
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

Location: Where they say "y'all", vote red, and think it's insulting to call me a liberal.
1 Recognized(s)

Postby maoman » 25 Nov 2006, 13:13

Frankly, the menu looks a little gross. But I'll try it anyway - who knows? Maybe I'll like it. :idunno:

BTW, they'll be open for bidness on December 1st.
Forumosan avatar
maoman

ORIGINAL POSTER
76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby Josefus » 25 Nov 2006, 19:32

I went to LJS's today and it is NOT open yet. (for those who read earlier that it was)
They are in the "testing phase" for employees, and are not serving food.
They were handing out menus and I grabbed one and was disappointed to see no mention of the hush puppies that I had gone there to get.
Maybe the US menu is different than the Taiwan one. :(
If I could cup your testicles in my hand and warm them, by way of appeasement, I would gladly do so. - TomHill

The women here have jobs which don't involve climbing aboard the Winston Train for a bit of Wu Wu Wu. - Kahna
Forumosan avatar
Josefus
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

5 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby SuchAFob » 25 Nov 2006, 23:50

WHATTHEFUCK??NOHUSHPUPPIES???
Needs a teleportation device.
SuchAFob

Location: Where they say "y'all", vote red, and think it's insulting to call me a liberal.
1 Recognized(s)

Re: Long John Silver's in Taipei (Fuxing/Nanjing)

Postby Icon » 28 Nov 2006, 12:40

Long time ago, when I was teaching EFL, I used a Long John Silver's ad I had taped in the US as a teaching aid -listening comprehension, ordering from the menu, asking about the specials. The ad itself was this hilarious piece for Christmas, full of snow, singing pirates and dancing moose. I am looking forward to the ads here in Taiwan.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

710 Recommends(s)
564 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 28 Nov 2006, 13:19

Thanks for the recipe, TC! I had forgotten about hush puppies, but shore did love 'em when I was a wee runt.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

Postby panda » 29 Nov 2006, 01:03

For those of you not from the US, Long John Silvers is a childrens fried seafood restaurant serving the lowest quality fish possible. I enjoyed it when I was 8 yrs old but would never go there now. It surely will not stay in business long in Taipei as Taiwanese people have high standards for seafood and will laugh with disgust after biting into an LJS fish fillet.
I give it 6 months of astronomical losses til they close up. Even foreigners will not eat there more than once especially with the above average options for fish n'chips like JB's and Bongos. Good luck but its really disgusting food.
Forumosan avatar
panda
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 29 Nov 2006, 11:36

panda wrote:For those of you not from the US, Long John Silvers is a childrens fried seafood restaurant serving the lowest quality fish possible. I enjoyed it when I was 8 yrs old but would never go there now. It surely will not stay in business long in Taipei as Taiwanese people have high standards for seafood and will laugh with disgust after biting into an LJS fish fillet.
I give it 6 months of astronomical losses til they close up. Even foreigners will not eat there more than once especially with the above average options for fish n'chips like JB's and Bongos. Good luck but its really disgusting food.

They wouldn't give you the Pirates' hat with your combo meal, eh?
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby pubba » 29 Nov 2006, 12:01

Sounds like most other fast food franchises..

Lowest possible quality 'food' wrapped in a shiny, attractive cover :)

But damn those hush puppies look like good eatin' ;) :lick:
Forumosan avatar
pubba
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

Postby Dragonbones » 29 Nov 2006, 12:02

panda wrote:It surely will not stay in business long in Taipei as Taiwanese people have high standards for seafood and will laugh with disgust after biting into an LJS fish fillet.

Judging from the success of McDonald's, Pizza Hut and all the fried crap around here, I'll bet you're wrong.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
112 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs