Eddy's Cantina, Tianmu Open (Danshui Closed)

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Re: Re: Eddy's Cantina, Danshui / Tianmu

Postby cfimages » 19 Mar 2012, 18:21

finley wrote:Cfimages, did you happen to notice if the old location has been rented out, or is it standing empty? Just curious ...

I don't know. I haven't been in that part of Danshui for a few weeks.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

234 Recommends(s)
218 Recognized(s)

Re: Eddy's Cantina, Danshui / Tianmu

Postby witman69 » 02 Apr 2012, 13:22

Hi All: This weekend we stopped by Eddy's Cantina. I had a GREAT fish taco meal, while the wife and kid were enjoying their Quesidillas. I'm not Mexican, so I cant speak for the authenticity, but the food was good to my tastebuds , and the service was outstanding.
I spent 20 minutes talking to Eddie and the guys, and they even gave my wife some pointers on how to make tortillas and which temp to set the Deep-Fryer for the tortilla chips. The wife is quite picky, and she wants to go back to Eddies, so I might be able to use that as an excuse to come along and drink some beers.
Stop by if you are in the mood for something tasty.
BR Jerry
witman69
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby cfimages » 04 Apr 2012, 19:12

We went in for lunch today only to find we arrived after they'd closed and gone on their break. In an excellent bit of customer service, the staff decided they'd take time out from their break to prepare lunch for us. I also noticed they did the same for someone else who came by wanting a takeout. I don't know if this is a usual thing or it was because of the holiday or maybe a one-off, but it was greatly appreciated.

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Forumosan avatar
cfimages

234 Recommends(s)
218 Recognized(s)

Postby BigJohn » 04 Apr 2012, 20:53

cfimages wrote:We went in for lunch today only to find we arrived after they'd closed and gone on their break. In an excellent bit of customer service, the staff decided they'd take time out from their break to prepare lunch for us. I also noticed they did the same for someone else who came by wanting a takeout. I don't know if this is a usual thing or it was because of the holiday or maybe a one-off, but it was greatly appreciated.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

That was nice of them. But to be honest, I find those "closed 2-5" things really annoying. I mean, what if I'm not free until 3pm, or have a class at 5:30 and want to eat early? Too bad for me?
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

1 Recommends(s)
120 Recognized(s)

Re: Re: Eddy's Cantina, Danshui / Tianmu

Postby olm » 22 Apr 2012, 17:28

cfimages wrote:
finley wrote:Cfimages, did you happen to notice if the old location has been rented out, or is it standing empty? Just curious ...

I don't know. I haven't been in that part of Danshui for a few weeks.

Right now it stands empty, shutters down. A red sign says "for rent" or something like this in Chinese.
They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them
Forumosan avatar
olm
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Location: Scenic Bavaria, next to a former Messerschmitt factory
16 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

Postby Wacow » 23 Apr 2012, 13:32

2 trips, both quite early (6:00PM and 2:30PM). Both times, Horchata had "ran out." Is it no longer offered?
Wacow
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Re: Eddy's Cantina, Tianmu Open (Danshui Closed)

Postby PapaAzucar » 13 May 2012, 14:07

Hey Eddy, I was at your Tianmu restaurant yesterday while the photographer was taking photos for a new menu.

Here are my suggestions for new items on your menu:

1) Ceviche - I'm pretty sure you can get all the seafood, lime juice, and cilantro to make a good ceviche in Taipei. Serve with chips and chopped jalapenos on the side. Plus, the Taiwanese always love seafood.

2) Shrimp cocktail - boiled shrimp should be easy, but I have not seen any cocktail sauce in Taiwan. Maybe you can concoct some cocktail sauce. You can top it off with some chopped avocado, onions, jalapenos and cilantro, and serve with chips. Again, Taiwanese love seafood.

3) Fajitas - I know that Asians in the US love fajitas because some Asian dishes are very similar. You can pan grill the meat if you don't have a hibachi. Serve with grilled onions, grilled green pepper, and tortillas, and you have a hit.

I may be biased towards Tex-Mex, but these 3 items were on just about every Tex-Mex menus in the southwest US.

Vámonos de reventón!!!
PapaAzucar
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Re: Eddy's Cantina, Tianmu Open (Danshui Closed)

Postby Eddy_Burrito » 21 Dec 2012, 21:21

Hey guys I just wanna say thanx for all of the support over the years. Im sorry i haven't been posting on here regularly as I have been extremely busy with our baby who is almost 1 year old now. Tine files. Anyways i skimmed the last few pages and saw mostly positive comments still. After all of these years to still have positive comments on here is phenomenal. Thanx so much. Anyways reason I am back on here is because i just relieved the award from Forumosa for the Best Mexican restaurant in Taiwan for 2011. I know I got it late but i really do appreciate it. I Honestly didnt know it existed but Heck ill take it, very cool thanx to all of you. So I guess that means that the 2012 award is coming up and I'd love to defend that title if you are willing to give me a chance. Thanx so much for your support over the years and I will keep in touch more from now on. Also I know that there are more and more Mexican places popping up here and there and I have even tried a few of them. Obviously its a conflict of interest to mention which and what I thought of them but I have tried them. I mostly have my customers telling me that we are the best but I humbly thank them and assure them that we just do our best. I have however had customers tell me that the "other dudes" have been trash talking Eddy's Cantina for this and that and I really just have nothing to say about that except for I let the customers decide. All of the Mexican restaurants have a different style and mine is home cookin with a family environment. My family is Mexican as some of you know and the food that we make is the same as we made it back home in Canada and in Mexico. We arent Taco Bell or Chipotle or whatever other franchise food is out there back in the US or where ever. We are just a Mexican dude with a taiwanese wife and a baby just coming out trying to give a piece of my culture to Taiwan. We have a pretty decent following and in Tianmu we are doing pretty good. Special thanx to the American school out here which keeps us busy and extra special thanx to our longtime customers from Tamsui that even make it out here when they can to come and support us. Apologies for closing the Tamsui shop but we flat out ran out of staff and trustworthy people and we just had our first baby. Her name is Aaliyah and shes changed my life, she is my world. So in short (too late for "short" i guess) Thank you all for all the support and to the neigh sayers if you have a legitimate complaint, by all means let me know. Sorry about the break time closure but there is honestly no business from 3-5 during weekdays, however, give us a call if your coming in at twoish and we will be glad to serve you. Weekends we dont do the break because it doesnt make sense. Thanx everybody for the award and im looking forward to keeping in touch with you. Please like us on facebook to keep in touch with all of our new and upcoming things http://www.facebook.com/eddyscantinataiwan. For example we just had another successful Tamale day. Thinking of tossing a Mole day into the rotation now and then. Im always looking for new things to do in the shop and I have a bit of a trick u my sleeve for next year so keep ya posted.

Eddy
http://www.eddyscantina.com
http://www.facebook.com/eddycantinataiwan

p.s. if you have a chance to vote for us to help us defend our title, it would be greatly appreciated.
Eddy's Cantina, Home style Mexican food passed down from generations from Guadalajara (Mexico) to Canada and now to Taiwan. Come and try us out! Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with all the new news, www.facebook.com/eddyscantinataiwan. 2873-7612 if you want to make a reservation or gimme a ring 0919336444, Eddy
www.eddyscantina.com

This post was recommended by 2 Forumosans: Icon (22 Dec 2012, 10:07), Toe Save (21 Dec 2012, 21:35)
Rating: 8%
Eddy_Burrito
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs