Paulaner Bräuhaus - German/Bavarian @ Guandu MRT / TNUA

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Re: Paulaner Bräuhaus - German/Bavarian @ Guandu MRT / TNUA

Postby greenmark » 19 Nov 2010, 22:06

Just thought I'd mention - it seems that Paulaner have opened another restaurant - this time near Nanjing East Road MRT within the new "Urban 1" shopping mall.

Seems pretty quiet in there are the moment. But they promise live bands so when word gets out it should pick up
greenmark
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

4 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby John » 12 Feb 2012, 19:44

Hubby and I made the trip from Keelung (Jilong) city to try the TNUA Paulaner Bräuhaus and I was mightily disappointed.

I had the meat platter. I might have expected too much, as I've had the joy of trying numerous meats platters in Koln, but I thought it was a pretty nasty effort. The sausages could have easily been bought at Costco, and the pork with crackling had an offensive, overpowering stench to it.

Hubby was happy with his rice dish (a mushrooms and bacon concoction), and his mushroom soup. I was a bit peeved that he chose rice, instead of a more German style dish, but in the end he might have made the better choice (how can you go wrong with rice)

However, NT$2200 for two (no alcohol) is FKN ridiculous! I had a better and cheaper experience at zumfass ( http://www.zumfass.com.tw/ )

Paulaner Bräuhaus is high on my NOT recommended list.
Forumosan avatar
John
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

27 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 08 Nov 1999

Postby Tomas » 12 Feb 2012, 19:47

Yep, it's not good. Expensive and very middling fare. Wendels is MUCH better.
Come on baby, you know you my home slice.
Tomas
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

142 Recommends(s)
167 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 12 Feb 2012, 20:29

nd there's one in terminal 2 at Taoyuan airport, just pretzels and beer. Basically one level above the passport control counters at departure.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

209 Recommends(s)
266 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs