Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Papa Poulet Rotisserie in Tianmu (CLOSED)

Moderator: citizen k

Papa Poulet Rotisserie in Tianmu

Postby papapoulet » 24 Nov 2009, 23:33

olm wrote:
papapoulet wrote:eichbaum NT75

Why Eichbaum beer?

well...

it's cheap innit.....?
papapoulet
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: New Open Papa Poulet in Tianmu

Postby olm » 25 Nov 2009, 13:46

papapoulet wrote:Why Eichbaum beer?

well...

it's cheap innit.....?

OK, I can not deny this logic :D
They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them
olm
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Papa Poulet Rotisserie UPDATE!

Postby papapoulet » 08 Dec 2009, 16:36

Winter is just about upon us, give or take the odd day...

So I am updating our menu accordingly.
We have added daily soups, the chicken and vegetable is hearty and warming, ($50) with minestrone coming soon, Swedish meatballs in gravy ($100/$50) and my favorite spicy Mulled Wine ($70) (i just love that aroma!!)

They also from part of the lunch/dinner sets:
Chicken leg, roast potatoes, tomato salad, coleslaw & soup or drink $150
Meatballs in gravy and mash potato & soup or drink $130
Chicken wrap and small salad & soup or drink $100 *veggie option available*

The sweet pepper salad is out for the time being but all the other great options are of course always available.

If you are not so keen on turkey this Christmas, or just don't want to cook, We are now taking orders for Christmas roast chicken.
Medium size (1.2-1.4 kgs) $350
large size (1.4-1.6 Kgs) $450
We expect to be very busy around Christmas time, so to avoid dissapointment please place your order as early as possible. Last orders for large chickens will be Dec 22nd.

I hope to see you in Tianmu sometime and would like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Chris.
papapoulet
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Papa Poulet Rotisserie - Now Open!

Postby Dark Horse » 01 Jan 2010, 11:06

Finally got back up to Tianmu a weekend ago and got the chance to try one of Papa Poulet’s Rotisserie chickens. I thought it was quite good and well worth the money. The only other take-out chicken I thought was decent was at the Breeze supermarket but I think they are overpriced at $NT295. Small birds and not all that tasty so I stopped buying them.

Papa’s bird was pretty big and juicy and the rosemary herb seasoning was the best I have tried for Taipei takeout. Well worth the NT$350 for the quality. I also picked up a second to give to a friend (Taiwanese) who also enjoyed it very much.

As I still had lots of shopping to do I didn’t pick up any sides fearing they would not reheat as well as a chicken but I plan to next time. Well done PP. Hope I can get up to Tianmu more often now.
Dark Horse
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby melenhead » 24 Jan 2010, 10:11

I really enjoyed the roast chicken. Definitely will order again. Next time I will try the roast potatoes since I was disappointed with the mashed potatoes. Too watery or something. Also, I was expecting fresh basil in the tomato basil salad so I was a little disappointed. The coleslaw was good, though. I will definitely go back for the chicken. Very flavorful and very moist!
melenhead
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby papapoulet » 20 Feb 2010, 12:12

melenhead wrote:I really enjoyed the roast chicken. Definitely will order again. Next time I will try the roast potatoes since I was disappointed with the mashed potatoes. Too watery or something. Also, I was expecting fresh basil in the tomato basil salad so I was a little disappointed. The coleslaw was good, though. I will definitely go back for the chicken. Very flavorful and very moist!

Thanks Melenhead for your constructive feedback it really helps and we always strive to improve our products. I am a bit confused about the tomato salad though, as we only use fresh basil, that's grown in pots outside the shop. We don't have any dry basil in the kitchen.

Anyway thanks for checking us out and your comments. I hope to see you here again sometime.

chris
papapoulet
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby melenhead » 15 Mar 2010, 22:24

Okay. I will give the salad another try.
melenhead

Postby metsbwd » 20 Mar 2010, 09:39

So is it safe to assume the whole chicken comes without the head?
metsbwd

Postby papapoulet » 20 Mar 2010, 18:03

metsbwd wrote:So is it safe to assume the whole chicken comes without the head?

haha ha . yes no head or feet... but it can otherwise be arranged by special request.
papapoulet
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Papa Poulet new menu items

Postby papapoulet » 02 Jun 2010, 19:32

Dear All, I would like to let you know that since my last post I have added a few new items to the menu, still in the same simple but delicious style.

new items include
tomato Bruchetta
and
baked potato w/ butter or cheese

we also change our soups every few days, current choices are cream of tomato, green pea and ham, creamy pumpkin, and a light chicken soup w/ fresh oregano.

new desserts include
pear clafortis and tarte tartin

new beers include
Peroni, hoegaarten and stella. We have a Happy hour everyday from 5-8pm buy 2 get one free on all beers.
we have also introduced a selection of lunch and dinner sets for a bit of an even better deal...

I hope this new info tickles your interest and hope to see you soon...

Chris

aka papa poulet
papapoulet
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs