Papa Poulet Rotisserie in Tianmu (CLOSED)

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Re: Papa Poulet new menu items

Postby sandman » 02 Jun 2010, 19:35

Damn, sometimes I really wish I lived closer to Tianmu! Sounds really good.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby papapoulet » 03 Jun 2010, 16:48

sandman wrote:Damn, sometimes I really wish I lived closer to Tianmu! Sounds really good.

it really isn't that far...
papapoulet
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby sandman » 03 Jun 2010, 18:44

papapoulet wrote:
sandman wrote:Damn, sometimes I really wish I lived closer to Tianmu! Sounds really good.

it really isn't that far...

It is for me. Takes me less time to drive to Taichung than to Tianmu, usually. And its a godawful drive, too!
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Re: Papa Poulet Rotisserie in Tianmu

Postby maoman » 29 Jun 2010, 21:05

We enjoyed a very nice meal (to go) from Papa Poulet on Sunday night. The rosemary chicken was fantastic - it was perfectly cooked, neither undercooked (ugh!) and not too dry, either.
The mashed potatoes were good, as was the gravy. The coleslaw wasn't very interesting - it was a little bland, but that's really nit-picking. I had carrot cake for dessert, and that was pretty good!

The best part? The price! The whole family got fed for $500! Hurrah!
Forumosan avatar
maoman

76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Mid Autumn Festival BBQ Special

Postby papapoulet » 09 Sep 2010, 19:37

Mid-Autumn Festival is coming! Wednesday 22nd September
For this special holiday we can provide our delicious Papa Poulet Chicken with its distinctive blend of spices for your home BBQ!
We have 3 choices available:

Chicken wings 雞 翅 10 for 250 or 20 for $400

Chicken drumstick雞翅腿 10 for $250 or 20 for $400

Chicken legs 雞 腿 10 for $350 or20 for $600

Please place your order 1 day in advance, last order will be 12pm September 14th.

中秋節即將來臨!

9月15日 禮拜三

在這特別的節日Papa Poulet提供了由本店獨特香料醃製的美味雞肉給您!
請於一天前跟我們訂購肉品,本活動期限至9月14日中午12點。

Papa Poulet, Chong Cheng Rd sec2, lane 76, #16-2. Tianmu. Taipei
tel: 28311357
papapoulet
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Eddy_Burrito » 28 Sep 2010, 22:51

Been meaning to try this place for a while and when I was in Tianmu today I went to a veggie market for a quick look and when i came out I saw the Papa Poulet sign and I was pretty excited. So we went in. The place is very clean and tidy and when we met the owner Chris we decided to preorder a whole chicken for dinner. So we (my wife and I) caught a movie and headed back to Papa Poulet for dinner. Its actually very close to the Big takashimaya shopping mall in Tianmu. We ordered the whole rosemary chicken with roasted potatoes and risotto. The chicken was fantastic, juicy, flavorful and overall very tasty. The roasted potatoes were definitely roasted to perfection with rosemary, garlic and something else. The Risotto was excellent as well with nice chunks of chicken and bell peppers mixed into a yellow rice (chicken flavored I believe). We were totally full and totally satisfied but we went for some dessert anyway. I had a chocolate mousse which was topped with a fresh raspberry and my wife had a sort of pear custard thing which i wont even attempt to spell. Both were good as well. There was also a nice beer selection which I was unable to try because I had to drive back to Danshui after dinner but i noticed it was very reasonably priced. Anyways if i were to have to describe Papa Poulet I would have to say clean, healthy, delicious, homemade, super reasonably priced and overall fantastic. I will definitely be back for some more food soon. I definitely recommend Papa Poulet for anyone who wants a good, healthy and reasonably priced meal in Tianmu.
P.S. the service was fantastic and the owner and staff were very friendly and knowledgeable

Good Job
Eddy
Eddy's Cantina, Home style Mexican food passed down from generations from Guadalajara (Mexico) to Canada and now to Taiwan. Come and try us out! Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with all the new news, www.facebook.com/eddyscantinataiwan. 2873-7612 if you want to make a reservation or gimme a ring 0919336444, Eddy
www.eddyscantina.com
Eddy_Burrito
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 28 Sep 2010, 23:14

What's your seating like now? Same as in the OP?
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

319 Recommends(s)
313 Recognized(s)

Postby Tomas » 03 Oct 2010, 23:22

Tempo Gain and I picked up a large meal for our families at Papa Poulet tonight. Excellent food :bravo: . Give it a try.
Come on baby, you know you my home slice.
Tomas
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

142 Recommends(s)
167 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 03 Oct 2010, 23:54

You beat me to it Tomas, a great meal, I'll be back.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

319 Recommends(s)
313 Recognized(s)

Postby papapoulet » 10 Nov 2010, 11:13

Tempo Gain wrote:What's your seating like now? Same as in the OP?

I have added a few ore tables now, and have seating for 14 people including the 4 outside. i plan soon to resize the kitchen and add a small side bar inside also.

hope to see you soon!

chris
papapoulet
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs