Papa Poulet Rotisserie in Tianmu (CLOSED)

Moderators: citizen k, elektronisk

Re: Papa Poulet Rotisserie in Tianmu

Postby 914 » 10 May 2012, 10:21

Chris,

That is sad to hear. Didnt know you had left the Tianmu location. Wish you well in your future endeavors. Feel free to pm me you tomato salad recipe! :wink:
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 10 May 2012, 10:48

Sorry to hear that, too, but the situation at Shi-Da has been going on for months. You guys walked into a hornet's nest. I think there was no way you could have made it work there in that kind of environment. The restaurants that have been there for years are hanging on by a thread. It was really unescrupulous of the place's owner to sublet illegally in an illegal area, but business here is so cutthroat it is not surprising, you should always expect the worse. Especially in such a high profit area. And especially with the kind of trouble and hassle that has been brewing there.

Hopefully, this will be just a temporary setback in your business. You guys have good product. Maybe Gongguan would be a better place? Better move quickly before the real estate madness spreads there and you and other businesses will face the same trouble as Shi-Da. I am sure you can generate a devout following there. I would prefer to see you guys in Xindian, hopefully by Bitan, but that is just me. :wink: I bet people here can suggest other locations.

Remember this: some walls are there to test your determination. I wouldn't keep on pursuing the Shi-Da option, though, that is a wall that won't bulge and will get higher every day, but yes, keep on with the business elsewhere where they want you.

Looking forward to good news.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."

TOMMY WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED THE AVATAR BUSINESS!
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

593 Recommends(s)
468 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 10 May 2012, 10:54

I would prefer to see you guys in Xindian, hopefully by Bitan, but that is just me.

No. Its not just you.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby chalouie » 04 Jun 2012, 06:20

I'm terribly sorry to hear this Chris. We tried to come eat in Tianmu last night and then I read this when trying to find your whereabouts. Hoping you're able to get us some of your fine 爸爸烤雞as soon as possible, but I wish you the best in whatever your future may hold.
chalouie
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Previous

x

Return to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs