The Burger Stop - Food and Service (CLOSED)

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

The Burger Stop - Food and Service (CLOSED)

Postby Burgerboy » 03 May 2010, 17:05

Hi there!

My fiancé and I have just opened a new hamburger restaurant in Taipei. “The Burger Stop” is now serving hand-made burgers the way we make them in the USA!

Please come by and try out our menu. We kept it real simple, just burgers, fries, and drinks!

We are located at:

106台北市大安區延吉街137巷26號
No. 26, Ln. 137, Yanji St.
Da’an District, Taipei City 106, Taiwan
TEL: (02) 2711-7079

We know you are going to love our burgers!

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks,
Dave & Yvonne

Menu:
Single Stack Burger
Single Stack Cheese Burger
Double Stack Burger
Double Stack Cheese Burger
Fries
Onion Rings (Strings)
Soda
Shakes (Vanilla, Chocolate, & Strawberry)
Coffee
Burgerboy
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: The Burger Stop

Postby elektronisk » 06 May 2010, 15:48

I stopped in yesterday for a cheeseburger and onion strings. Fries are $40 and onion strings $55. (EDIT) Combos are a burger plus $55 for fries and a soda or $70 for onion strings and a soda.

To backtrack a bit. When I went over there in the afternoon and was scanning the order board from outside, one of the staff came out to invite me in. Wow, I wish my employees were that proactive.

As you can see from the photos the place is a clean, well-lighted place.

When I went there later in the day I was greeted warmly and the food came out much faster than I expected.

I'll say this is the most authentic American-style cheeseburger that I have had in Taiwan.
1. The patty is the juicy type. None of that cardboard frisbee Mc. stuff.
2. The lettuce was fresh and crisp.
3. The cheese... excuse me for a minute... Almost every other place puts the cheese on during assembly. Burger Stop actually does it right! Melted over the patty as it cooks. The result is "Gooey Goodness".

Juicy + Crisp + Gooey = Delicious.

Dave and Yvonne are a friendly couple and as the chief said, it looks like they have a good business model (K.I.S.S.). Great service, food, and price. You can look forward to seeing franchising. :lol:

I tried to twist his arm to get beer. Hopefully they will soon. Also, he already put mustard out on the condiment table but with the special sauce (ketchup/catsup and mayo?) I don't think you need it. The only slight niggle would be that I would like the bun toasted a little more but I'll ask for that next time.

The onion strings are very addictive.

For you (particularly Doc, Tigerman, and Fee) that enjoy a good American-style burger you should get there now.

Recommended. :thumbsup:
"We are only here briefly, and in this moment I want to allow myself joy." - Her

There is a truth and it's on our side,
Dawn is coming , open your eyes - José González

Make love your goal, not your gaol.
A wise man can learn more from himself than he could learn from anyone else, if only he seeks and listens.
Afar isn't as bad as it sounds, it is the longevity of it that hurts.
Smile and make others feel happy today.
Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest.
Forumosan avatar
elektronisk
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

63 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 07 May 2010, 19:28

I had the double cheeseburger and onion strings and a coke for 215NT. That is cheap. I should bring a fork to eat those onion things. Greasy. It's very good stuff. I will come back again. I like the way they have not sullied the menu with extraneous items. If you don't want a burger, you are SOL.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby TheLostSwede » 09 May 2010, 10:37

Went last night, not bad, but not mind blowing either. The burgers were nice and juicy, but not much bigger than what you get in Mos burger. The veggies were fresh and good though. I ordered the onion rings and my GF the fries. Both were way too salty, but the owner said they'd changed things around a bit that day and apparently the staff had gone a bit too heavy on the salt shaker. Apart from that the onion rings were easily the best I've had here, crunchy and spicy. The milk shakes were good, but I'd rather pay NT$100 and get a slightly bigger one, as they were quite small. Oh, it would also be nice to see some better ketchup (i.e. Heinz) rather than the local stuff in tiny little baggies.
I'd say it's a good lunch place, but maybe not quite enough choice for somewhere to go for dinner. I do understand that the owner is trying to do one thing and do it well, which is fair enough, but it also limits the appeal of the place to a degree.
Forumosan avatar
TheLostSwede
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

15 Recommends(s)
13 Recognized(s)

Postby Wacow » 11 May 2010, 21:56

wife and I just went, GREAT burgers!

Just a note, this burger is not modeled after the "thick patty... lots of meat" idea of other non-chain burger joints in Taiwan, so just fair warning to those that are expecting x/xx pound... xxx ounce... xxx grams, etc. for size comparison purposes (not meant as an attack on anyone on this thread). Dave rather follows the formula that the beef patty is just one of many different integral ingredients that when put together correctly, creates a delicious culinary synergy.

Flavorful beef with the cheese melted on top, crisp, fresh lettuce, perfect hand-size buns (not the local, sweet loaf-of-bread buns) and quality ingredients. I think I even detected grilled onions in there... not sure since I nearly inhaled the double burger in a couple of minutes. For those of you from California, the very best comparison is In-'N-Out Burger. They look, and most of all taste, almost exactly the same, which is phenomenal! For those of you not familiar with In-'N-Out, it's a hugely profitable burger chain on the US West Coast that also has a very simple business model of burgers, fries, and shakes: http://www.in-n-out.com/default.asp

Then again, this is Taiwan and not the US, so to be viable, businesses need to cater to the local masses in some way. As such, some select advice should be heeded from this forum, such as having other menu options. Maybe have a core menu and an "Other Favorites" section with non-beef items, separated so that your burger's integrity remains intact. Much like Lawry's Prime Rib or Ruth's Chris also has a small seafood selection...just in case.
Wacow
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby fee » 12 May 2010, 21:33

Finally managed to stop by the Burger Stop, and I'm glad that I did.

I'll see what I can add to the top-notch reviews by elektronisk and Wacow.

I went with the single with cheese, and that was perfect for me. And I thought that the burger was perfect the way it came--very nice melted cheese, the lettuce, the tomato, their special sauce all blending together. I didn't see the need to add anything else, though I suppose you could add some mustard if you wanted to. I just ate it the way it was served to me, and it was good.

Great spotting, btw, Wacow. Yes, I think I detected some grilled onions as well, somewhere amongst all the goodness. Kind of took me back to the past with sliders at White Castle (in a positive way).

As Wacow pointed out, this burger is not all about the patty. Perhaps some of the other places around town try to wow you with a super-big beef patty, but I thought that this one was just the right size for a good burger.

I also really liked the bun. Fresh and soft, and nice for soaking up all the sloppy goodness and the melted cheese.

This burger did take me back to my roots in the Midwest--a classic, all-American burger.

The fries were good, if a tad too salty (that might be only minor quibble). A refillable choice of soda was also part of the set.

Then, I got some of the onion strings. I had been itching to try these, especially after having heard so many good things about them ("strangely addictive," according to elektronisk).

One word--awesome! Two words--totally awesome! Three words--totally f***ing awesome! These onion strings are truly outstanding. Very, very good. I will be going back just for these alone, though I'm sure I'll get a burger to accompany them.

I also got a shake to take home to my son. He loves milk shakes and he enjoyed this one--and I liked the sips I managed to get of it as well.

So, the Burger Stop is a winner in my book. It is located on a little alley with all sorts of other restaurants as well, so it is a neat little street to wander down. I did notice the remains of Famous Larry's, which seems to have closed down.

Without a doubt, the burger scene in Taipei keeps on getting better and better. Really, it is growing by leaps and bounds. There is something for everyone--the classic bacon cheeseburger at the Diner, the gourmet versions at KGB, the tornado burger at Evan's, Bravo burgers, and so many other new places putting out quality eats.

The Burger Stop is a very welcome new addition to the burger scene here in Taipei. Enjoy!
"As I said before, I'm from the Midwest. We were taught it's not polite to talk about ourselves.''
Forumosan avatar
fee
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

2 Recommends(s)

Postby smellybumlove » 12 May 2010, 23:23

Well i stopped by today and i will give my thoughts.

The meat and bun themselves are pretty damn good, but I must admit the pattys are way to thin for my liking and the cheese used was not doing the burger justice, it was sweetish tasting and very artificial.
I personally would of used a real cheddar cheese slice.
Onion rings are the best I have ever tasted, honestly I am going back purely for those!.

So I say offer a bigger burger size along with the smaller one, 2 thin burgers stacked isnt juicy enough if you ask me.
Use real cheddar cheese slices.
Other than that, it was good value for what it is, I hope it does well.
www.samuraiscoot.blogspot.com
Forumosan avatar
smellybumlove
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Nonsequitur » 14 May 2010, 14:06

Stopped by for early lunch yesterday and had a double cheeseburger with fries. Very nice burger! Just goes to show how keeping things simple does work wonders. Hopefully, it'll stay that way. :wink: The only minor problem imho, were the fries which were a bit on the salty side. Reduce the salt on that and you get full marks from me. :thumbsup:

- Mark
Forumosan avatar
Nonsequitur
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby Funk500 » 15 May 2010, 19:57

I was there last night with Taffy, Iris Hstu, The chief and Iris's mate, and I think I speak for us all when I give your place a :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Forumosan avatar
Funk500

19 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Tiare » 17 May 2010, 10:27

Also went by this weekend. I thought the burger was fantastic! Thanks for giving me another burger place to go to. :)
Tiare
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

39 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs