"The Fu Bar" at Fulong Beach

Moderators: elektronisk, citizen k

Re: "The Fu Bar" at Fulong Beach

Postby MJB » 26 Aug 2011, 19:07

RollsRice wrote:The 'Fu Bar", in my opinion, is absolutely superb. Perfect retreat from the beach. Great friendly service and reasonable prices. Loved the stuffed Pitas for lunch. Lamb chops and beer for dinner. Highly recommended

I had a new "Pork Skewer" concoction and it was lip smacking with just the right amount of bite. For those of you who have not made the pilgrimage to Fuling....You need to.

Superb food and atmosphere.
Nemo enim fere saltat sobrius, nisi forte insanit
MJB
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

6 Recognized(s)

Postby Grillmaster » 27 Aug 2011, 23:39

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

We are not sure what the weather is going to do tomorrow, we will post up early tomorrow morning if we are going to close or stay open. If you are planning to come down, or need a port in a storm so to speak, give us a shout, we will be in town even if the doors are closed! 0955 496 175

So the morning update as promised! We are open currently, partly sunny skies but very windy and the sea is rough. We'll see what happens later in the day!
Grillmaster
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

2 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Grillmaster » 15 Sep 2011, 20:28

Hey all,

Just a note that this weekend the grill will be CLOSED and we will not be showing the rugby. We will be at the South Africa Day party in Taipei for the weekend. The bar is still open and we will be serving pita breads Saturday and Sunday. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
Grillmaster
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

2 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby tango42 » 10 Dec 2011, 05:03

Hey, are you guys open this weekend and upcoming weekends? Will be over from Taipei if you are. Just need to know I have some good food to eat after the drive.

Hey, maybe post a schedule or something.

Hey, just saying' hey again.
“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
tango42
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

6 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 10 Dec 2011, 12:21

Do you still need to make reservations for Fubar? Or can you just drop by now for a meal?
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

848 Recognized(s)

Postby elektronisk » 10 Dec 2011, 20:45

If they don't have a space they will probably make a space for you on the beach. I can't see them running out of room unless it was raining really hard.

Last time I called his phone number was: 0955-496-175. Please fill us in with the details after you talk to him.

Their book-face is http://www.facebook.com/thefubar.fulong
"We are only here briefly, and in this moment I want to allow myself joy." - Her

There is a truth and it's on our side,
Dawn is coming , open your eyes - José González

Make love your goal, not your gaol.
A wise man can learn more from himself than he could learn from anyone else, if only he seeks and listens.
Afar isn't as bad as it sounds, it is the longevity of it that hurts.
Smile and make others feel happy today.
Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest.
Forumosan avatar
elektronisk

63 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 10 Dec 2011, 21:54

I'm supposed to order carnitas, right? Beef carnitas.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

848 Recognized(s)

Postby elektronisk » 10 Dec 2011, 22:25

Muzha Man wrote:I'm supposed to order carnitas, right? Beef carnitas.

It is pork, PORK.

Thanks for making me laugh MM. :thumbsup:

You still haven't said you've tried them. :no-no: :lol:
"We are only here briefly, and in this moment I want to allow myself joy." - Her

There is a truth and it's on our side,
Dawn is coming , open your eyes - José González

Make love your goal, not your gaol.
A wise man can learn more from himself than he could learn from anyone else, if only he seeks and listens.
Afar isn't as bad as it sounds, it is the longevity of it that hurts.
Smile and make others feel happy today.
Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest.
Forumosan avatar
elektronisk

63 Recommends(s)
35 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 10 Dec 2011, 23:56

elektronisk wrote:
Muzha Man wrote:I'm supposed to order carnitas, right? Beef carnitas.

It is pork, PORK.

Thanks for making me laugh MM. :thumbsup:

You still haven't said you've tried them. :no-no: :lol:

Actually I haven't. :oops: My plan was always to ride up to Danshui and have lunch before riding back but I never seen to find the time or weather for that matter.

Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

848 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 23 Feb 2012, 22:15

Just got some BIG lamb shoulders and sausage from the GM. :thumbsup:

Is the Fubar still up and running?
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Taipei / Xinbei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs