MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship 2012-2013

Language Exchange ads posted in the Learning Chinese forum will be removed

Moderator: ironlady

Re: MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship 2012-2013

Postby taiwantiger » 02 Mar 2012, 19:38

the guys from the office in my school said, that they probably don't check it. and some other students are still enrolled here until june and still apply.
i for my self won't enroll. also bc I need a break from studying chinese and just want to study a little on my own and travel china :)
taiwantiger
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby asomu » 03 Apr 2012, 06:50

When is the deadline? I don't see any on the website..

I only want a scholarship for 3 months summer study ... :(
asomu

Postby Lili » 09 Apr 2012, 22:50

Anyone heard back yet?
"I wanted to be puzzled and charmed, to experience the endless, beguiling variety of a continent where you can board a train and an hour later be somewhere where the inhabitants speak a different language, eat different foods, work different hours, live lives that are at once so different and yet so oddly similar. I wanted to be a tourist," Bill Bryson.
"...But I ended up in Taiwan," Lili.

Never underestimate how much assistance,
how much satisfaction,
how much comfort,
how much soul and transcendence there might be
in a cold bottle of beer.
-Tom Robbins
Forumosan avatar
Lili
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

21 Recommends(s)
23 Recognized(s)

Postby Lili » 28 Apr 2012, 09:05

Anyone heard back yet?
"I wanted to be puzzled and charmed, to experience the endless, beguiling variety of a continent where you can board a train and an hour later be somewhere where the inhabitants speak a different language, eat different foods, work different hours, live lives that are at once so different and yet so oddly similar. I wanted to be a tourist," Bill Bryson.

how much satisfaction,
how much comfort,
-Tom Robbins
Forumosan avatar
Lili

21 Recommends(s)
23 Recognized(s)

Postby plasmodel » 29 Apr 2012, 06:41

I contacted the SF office. They said the decisions will be out end of May-ish.

By the way, I had a question: In the application, did everyone just send a copy of the application to the Language Center? Or were we supposed to actually have applied to the Language Cntr as well because I am interested in only 6 months scholarship from Jan and Tai-Da's application doesn't even the correct year on it for applying for that time.
plasmodel

Postby taiwantiger » 29 Apr 2012, 06:50

@lili:
the deadline for me (austria) is actually end of april, with the results being published in mid may. so maybe in the us etc it's the same?
@plasmodel:
just the application form, bc for applying a language center (eg. enrollment certificate) you mostly have to pay too. but without scholarship you probably won't go abroad, right?
taiwantiger

Postby Lili » 30 Apr 2012, 20:38

taiwantiger wrote:@lili:
the deadline for me (austria) is actually end of april, with the results being published in mid may. so maybe in the us etc it's the same?
@plasmodel:
just the application form, bc for applying a language center (eg. enrollment certificate) you mostly have to pay too. but without scholarship you probably won't go abroad, right?

Ah, ok
I think I should be hearing back from them soon. Hopefully this week, but who knows.
If anyone from NYC TECO office got news, let us know! :D

how much satisfaction,
how much comfort,
-Tom Robbins
Forumosan avatar
Lili

21 Recommends(s)
23 Recognized(s)

Postby tmjmt » 02 May 2012, 02:32

I received an acceptance from Houston TECO on April 27th for up to 12 months.

Pretty excited about it, I'll be studying at MTC starting in the fall.
tmjmt

Postby erivera3 » 02 May 2012, 04:23

I too got accepted from the Houston Teco in April. Will be studying also in MTC. But my question is in my acceptance letter from MTC it says Sept 2012 to Nov 2012, would this be a problem "visa wise" considering that I will be studying for the full year? Also it is wise to get a round trip ticket in this time frame or is a one way ticket ok. Called the Houston TECO in regards to these questions but was unable to fully comprehend what they were telling me and left more confused.
erivera3

Postby tmjmt » 02 May 2012, 12:42

I'm not quite sure on all the visa stuff either. I haven't been admitted into MTC officially yet, so I don't know how the letters are usually stated either.

As of right now my plan was to just apply for a tourist visa while in the states, and then get it switched to student once I'm there, or see if I can just straight apply for a student here once I get my acceptance letter. They note on the MTC site that the 30-day exempt countries like the US need to come earlier to apply for visa or something. As I said before, I'm not totally clear on everything so I'll probably try emailing the MTC.
tmjmt

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Learning Chinese