Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Exclusive Mandarin Courses offer in TPE starting from Dec. 2011- New Concept Mandarin (NCM)

Language Exchange ads posted in the Learning Chinese forum will be removed

Moderator: ironlady

Exclusive Mandarin Courses offer in TPE starting from Dec. 2011- New Concept Mandarin (NCM)

Postby SoniaLiu » 01 Dec 2011, 16:48

New Concept Mandarin specializes in teaching Mandarin Chinese (Putonghua) as a second language. Our students come from around the world - business executives and individuals that have the passion to learn from people who have the passion to teach. Our approach is based on over 20-year experience in applied linguistic research and teaching in Australia, North America, Hong Kong and China. We are popular and respected because we make the learning experience personal, practical, flexible and fun.

For more information, please contact us as below:
New Concept Mandarin
Taipei Center
Tel: +886-973-031-885
Email: Sonia.Liu@newconceptmandarin.com
http://www.newconceptmandarin.com
SoniaLiu
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Exclusive Mandarin Courses offer in TPE starting from Dec. 2011- New Concept Mandarin (NCM)

Postby Taffy » 01 Dec 2011, 17:13

Can you outline your methodology here? I'm interested to hear what this "new concept" is.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

103 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Re: Exclusive Mandarin Courses offer in TPE starting from Dec. 2011- New Concept Mandarin (NCM)

Postby milkalex » 01 Dec 2011, 17:19

fees would be interesting as well, I can't seem to find them on your website
milkalex
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

7 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby ehophi » 02 Dec 2011, 03:28

What were some of the findings from your twenty years of linguistics research?
Study Chinese at your leisure.
(Disclaimer: There's no moneyback guarantee because it's already free. You're welcome.)
ehophi
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

50 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Postby Lili » 02 Dec 2011, 03:31

Why should I pay you versus a tutor who will do as I ask and give me the absolute individual attention or a government-accredited Mandarin Training Center where I know there is at least a modicum of professional instruction and loads of international recognition?
"I wanted to be puzzled and charmed, to experience the endless, beguiling variety of a continent where you can board a train and an hour later be somewhere where the inhabitants speak a different language, eat different foods, work different hours, live lives that are at once so different and yet so oddly similar. I wanted to be a tourist," Bill Bryson.
"...But I ended up in Taiwan," Lili.

Never underestimate how much assistance,
how much satisfaction,
how much comfort,
how much soul and transcendence there might be
in a cold bottle of beer.
-Tom Robbins
Forumosan avatar
Lili
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

21 Recommends(s)
23 Recognized(s)

Postby zender » 02 Dec 2011, 08:35

Yeah!

And whattayamean by "exclusive?" :liar: :no-no: :hand: :doh: :loco: :noway: :bluemad: :fume: :aiyo: :roll: :cactus: :thumbsdown: :ohreally: :eek: :raspberry:
zender
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

82 Recommends(s)
110 Recognized(s)

Postby SoniaLiu » 26 Dec 2011, 16:52

Hi everyone,

This is Sonia, the program manager in Taipei center.
Thank you for all of your questions. Regarding your doubts and questions, you can visit our website at http://www.newconceptmandarin.com for an overview. You'll find free on-line lessons and videos which you can learn the basic knowledge of Mandarin from before you enroll the courses and you can also take a look at the learning materials we provide, so that you'll know what does "exclusive" stand for and how much we invest in Mandarin education field.
You're very welcome to contact me either via email or phone for more details.

Again, thank you for your threads, and we're looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Best Regards,
Sonia Liu
SoniaLiu

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby ironlady » 26 Dec 2011, 21:35

It would make a much stronger case for your school if you can just answer the question here. Surely if your approach is so extraordinary, you know how to explain why it is? Please feel free to explain in Chinese if it is difficult to do so in English for any reason.

EDIT: Ah, having stopped on the homepage, now I understand. You're a franchisee. You probably have nothing at all to do with the methodology used at the school, or don't understand what it is anyway. This is a big chain operation with branches in different countries. I would be very surprised if there is anything different about the methods used compared to any other chain school (because in Chinese circles, usually new businesses duplicate the models used by existing successful businesses -- successful in the business sense), but I'm waiting for your reply to prove me wrong.
Terry Waltz, Ph.D
Click here to Finally Learn Mandarin!
Squid for Brains Learning Games -- not your nainai's flash cards!
...although his father beat him every day, wishing him to learn the speech of Ts'e, it will be impossible for him [at least using current methods]...-Mencius
Forumosan avatar
ironlady
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Location: A place where people can't sleep or teach English in McDonald's
76 Recommends(s)
300 Recognized(s)

Postby SoniaLiu » 27 Dec 2011, 00:32

To ironlady,
Our Taipei center is a new branch of New Concept Mandarin, and I'm not a franchisee.
It's easier for people who are interested in our programs and our company to get more detailed information of what we offer and what they can learn from us by visiting our website. If you visit our website carefully, you'll know what I'm talking about.
I don't have to waste my time to prove you're wrong, because the truth is the truth and it's not really necessary to explain anything or comment on a business attack.

To Taffy, ehophi, Lili, zender,
If you go through our website in detail, I believe you'll get the answers of your questions.

To milkalex,
Since our programs are customized, it's very difficult to give our clients the prices/tuition and fees on the website.
SoniaLiu

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Confuzius » 27 Dec 2011, 00:41

SoniaLiu wrote:To ironlady,
Our Taipei center is a new branch of New Concept Mandarin, and I'm not a franchisee.
It's easier for people who are interested in our programs and our company to get more detailed information of what we offer and what they can learn from us by visiting our website. If you visit our website carefully, you'll know what I'm talking about.
I don't have to waste my time to prove you're wrong, because the truth is the truth and it's not really necessary to explain anything or comment on a business attack.

To Taffy, ehophi, Lili, zender,
If you go through our website in detail, I believe you'll get the answers of your questions.

Since you ARE advertising on this forum, it would be nice to answer people's questions. Makes good business sense, since you have a ton of possible customers.

SoniaLiu wrote:To milkalex,
Since our programs are customized, it's very difficult to give our clients the prices/tuition and fees on the website.

This sounds a bit scary :ohreally:
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Learning Chinese