Am I an idiot? I really think so.

Language Exchange ads posted in the Learning Chinese forum will be removed

Moderator: ironlady

Re: Am I an idiot? I really think so.

Postby Hellstorm » 13 Jun 2012, 02:56

You can type 、 by pressing crtl+' in the zhuyin mode(i guess it is that one on an American keyboard, the one two keys right from the L. On my keyboard, it is ä). This also works in Pinyin mode.

This post was recommended by ehophi (23 Jun 2012, 03:12)
Rating: 4%
Hellstorm
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby LYT12 » 16 Jun 2012, 03:53

housecat wrote:You're living with the in-laws? That's damn near saintly devotion. Many Taiwanese women will refuse to marry to avoid this. They'd rather stay single! When your FIL declares NO ENGLISH, he's defacto insulting you by cutting you off. He knows you can't talk, can't communicate, and if your husband allows that--well it should be a problem, IMO. I realize there are differences in culture, but mutual respect and decency towards others DOES translate!

Insist that if you are expected to just sit quietly every time your FIL gets tired of hearing English being spoken, then you are entitled to some REAL Chinese lessons with professional teachers.

I'll second that! -the blue bits, I meant.
By the way, how come it's not you who's in charge of your husband's earnings? As much as I'm aware that's the tradition, the usual thing to do. Do they control you this way as well? -just curious.

All the best
LYT12
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby ehophi » 23 Jun 2012, 03:12

Hellstorm wrote:You can type 、 by pressing crtl+' in the zhuyin mode(i guess it is that one on an American keyboard, the one two keys right from the L. On my keyboard, it is ä). This also works in Pinyin mode.

This is fantastic! It also does the regular punctuations! I was constantly hitting SHIFT, ., SHIFT for '。.' CTRL+. works for that, too.
Study Chinese at your leisure.
(Disclaimer: There's no moneyback guarantee because it's already free. You're welcome.)
ehophi
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

54 Recommends(s)
67 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Learning Chinese