Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

I've finished learning Chinese

Language Exchange ads posted in the Learning Chinese forum will be removed

Moderator: ironlady

Postby Lord Lucan » 17 Apr 2007, 22:49

irishstu wrote:I DOUBLE DARE you to try Irish. Seriously, just one on-line lesson. You'll give up after 20 minutes. You think Basque is hard? Try Irish.

I taught Gerry how to speak Irish last Thursday. He kept falling down on his aras but I had him translating Ecce Romani into the original Irish by tea time.

I'm teaching NIE Ulster-Scots all next week. Doddle.
Lord Lucan
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

Postby irishstu » 18 Apr 2007, 09:35

Big Fluffy Matthew wrote:
irishstu wrote:Honestly, BFM. You believe everything you see on TV. There's nothing to stop us meeting Klingons in 2011.
Yes there is, neither the Federation or the Klingons had warp capability then. Only the Vulcans, and possibly the Romulans.

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if joesax invented one of those warp thingies by next week.
"I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar."

DIY guitar projects
irishstu
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

Postby Joesox » 18 Apr 2007, 18:11

joesax wrote:I'll be back in 17th century China learning Manchu if anyone needs me.
Came back early. I'm never going there again! I must have gone to the wrong room in the palace while looking for the head honcho, because there was this guy with a big pair of scissors who wanted to remove the family jewels, if you know what I mean! Just managed to escape intact.

So learning Manchu's a no-go. But at least it gives me time to get to work on the warp thingy.
Joesox
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby smell the glove » 18 Apr 2007, 22:45

joesax wrote:Came back early.

Did you happen to see these guys?

If so, tell them Rufus wants his phone booth back. And for God's sake, keep Napoleon away from the ice cream.
smell the glove
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

Re: I've finished learning Chinese

Postby John Yu » 26 Jan 2011, 23:49

Joesox wrote:Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've finished learning Chinese now. Vocab, grammar, pragmatics, characters, chengyu, all that classical stuff -- finished it all.

Now for my next language. Any suggestions?

First time I ever heard someone say they finished learning Chinese.
"They only like me for my looks and personality"
郎才郎貌
John Yu
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

Re: I've finished learning Chinese

Postby archylgp » 27 Jan 2011, 12:13

Learn Russian.
archylgp
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Learning Chinese