Silkworm Chinese Flashcards

Language Exchange ads posted in the Learning Chinese forum will be removed

Moderator: ironlady

Re: Silkworm Chinese Flashcards

Postby dashgalaxy86 » 02 Mar 2011, 16:58

Taffy wrote:These cards are now discontinued. We had some problems with processing the data for the revised cards, and there are a number of options available on the web and on various smartphone devices which offer more flexibility and power. I personally use Pleco on the iPhone. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I'd pay for an app that has the practical audio-visual chinese vocab and grammar points in flashcard form for android. Just saying.
dashgalaxy86
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

24 Recommends(s)
12 Recognized(s)

Postby MonthOLDpickle » 16 Aug 2011, 14:17

dashgalaxy86 wrote:
Taffy wrote:These cards are now discontinued. We had some problems with processing the data for the revised cards, and there are a number of options available on the web and on various smartphone devices which offer more flexibility and power. I personally use Pleco on the iPhone. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I'd pay for an app that has the practical audio-visual chinese vocab and grammar points in flashcard form for android. Just saying.

I have access to android platforms..would too.
MonthOLDpickle
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby chanephraim » 03 Dec 2011, 19:47

I don't have any access from the android platform. i just only have a laptop with me. can you assist me in finding a chinese character and their pinyin and their meaning and their chinese alphabet (tzu im)
chanephraim
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby Taiwan_Student » 04 Apr 2012, 01:00

Those cards are pretty neat. I don't have an android mobile phone. I still prefer flipping cards anyway. There has been a lot of work devoted to creating the original set. I know Truant had a very bad turn of events. I also know you don't think it is worth updating. If you nor Truant can make this concept work for money, please I beg of you.... release these cards and or the original PDF files in double sided printable format to the public domain.

I still would buy them, but if you don't want to sell. Don't let all that work die without helping anyone. Thanks.
Taiwan_Student
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)

25 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 24 May 2012, 17:39

The original link of the OP is bust ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
81 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 04 Oct 2012, 17:39

I just went to the site ... there is a link to a page that has a link to a new site that should have the flash cards but the site doesn't work ... I would be greatful if I could get the cards ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
81 Recognized(s)

Postby Taffy » 04 Oct 2012, 17:50

Sorry, the cards are no longer available. Unfortunately I have no copies left.
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

ORIGINAL POSTER
104 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 04 Oct 2012, 18:01

Taffy wrote:Sorry, the cards are no longer available. Unfortunately I have no copies left.

It was a computer file ... so, it's easy to copy, no? I would use it on my Nexus 7 ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
81 Recognized(s)

Postby Taffy » 04 Oct 2012, 18:13

Belgian Pie wrote:
Taffy wrote:Sorry, the cards are no longer available. Unfortunately I have no copies left.

It was a computer file ... so, it's easy to copy, no? I would use it on my Nexus 7 ...

No, sorry. The cards were made up in contact sheets that are not suitable for use on a smartphone. Back in the day Truant made a small sample of cards in a one-card-per-page pdf, but this was never done for all the cards. If you're looking for the raw data, then this link has all five books' worth in machine-readable format. It's easy to convert that data for use with any number of flashcard programs, and it's more up-to-date than the data we put together for the original flashcards.
Taffy

ORIGINAL POSTER
104 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 04 Oct 2012, 21:50

Thanks, got the files ... but now I need to get them in Pleco on my Nexus ... :ponder: Pleco runs, it works but I can't find it in my directory!
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
81 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Learning Chinese