Silkworm Chinese Flashcards

Language Exchange ads posted in the Learning Chinese forum will be removed

Moderator: ironlady

Re: Silkworm Chinese Flashcards

Postby Stray Dog » 22 Jul 2009, 11:28

I've got some Klingon flashcards you might like.
SUPPORT ANIMAL RESCUE WHEN SERVICING, SOURCING, REPAIRING, OR BUYING A CAR THROUGH AUTOCHECKERS!

I'm NOT SO ACTIVE HERE ANY MORE. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH AN ANIMAL RESCUE OR DOG-BEHAVIOUR ISSUE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT s e a n i m a l s @ g m a i l . c o m OR CALL 0920 620 109. THANKS!

Want to learn how the dog whisperer does his magic? Learn the simple but highly effective tricks to bringing about positive change in your dog: http://seanimals.blogspot.com/

"I will be quoted in someone's signature, even if I have to do it myself!"—Stray Dog
Forumosan avatar
Stray Dog
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

3 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Taffy » 22 Jul 2009, 11:30

Stray Dog - please check your email...
Taffy
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

ORIGINAL POSTER
104 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Stray Dog » 22 Jul 2009, 11:49

Wow! That was quick. Thank you.

(I guess irishstu really does have some clout around here!)
SUPPORT ANIMAL RESCUE WHEN SERVICING, SOURCING, REPAIRING, OR BUYING A CAR THROUGH AUTOCHECKERS!

I'm NOT SO ACTIVE HERE ANY MORE. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH AN ANIMAL RESCUE OR DOG-BEHAVIOUR ISSUE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT s e a n i m a l s @ g m a i l . c o m OR CALL 0920 620 109. THANKS!

Want to learn how the dog whisperer does his magic? Learn the simple but highly effective tricks to bringing about positive change in your dog: http://seanimals.blogspot.com/

"I will be quoted in someone's signature, even if I have to do it myself!"—Stray Dog
Forumosan avatar
Stray Dog

3 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Stray Dog » 22 Jul 2009, 19:27

Nice flashcards! I love them!

At first I was a bit dismayed that the characters had the bo po mo fo and pinyin underneath, but then I quickly discovered that these cards were designed for those with an opposable thumb, and all was good.

I've already invented a great game: What's Behind the Thumb? Great for one to 100 players, from young to old.

Really like these cards. Watch me go now! Er . . . kan wu xian zai qu.

Forumosan avatar
Stray Dog

3 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Stray Dog » 23 Jul 2009, 11:29

OK, I've been using my ten years of EFL education experience to make sure I am using the most effective methods for teaching myself Chinese with these flashcards.

With that in mind, I have a couple of suggestions for the card design:

1. If they could have a shinier surface, the sticky ball would stick to them better.
2. Perhaps on the back side, they could be rougher, so that they don't slide all over the place when I'm bashing them with a squeaky toy hammer.
3. A small magnet within each card would make it easier for me to use them in snakes-and-ladders and tic-tac-toe whiteboard games.

Thanks.

I mean, xie xie.

Forumosan avatar
Stray Dog

3 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Taffy » 23 Jul 2009, 11:58

Your suggestions will be taken into consideration, processed through a dizzying and unnecessary layer of middle management, then changed beyond all recognition before being ultimately rejected by the head decision-maker in a fit of unjustifiable pique because they weren't his ideas in the first place.

Thanks for you cooperations.
Taffy

ORIGINAL POSTER
104 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Funk500 » 23 Jul 2009, 12:13

Stray Dog wrote:Nice flashcards! I love them!

At first I was a bit dismayed that the characters had the bo po mo fo and pinyin underneath, but then I quickly discovered that these cards were designed for those with an opposable thumb, and all was good.

Why were you trying to teach Chinese to your cats and dogs?
Forumosan avatar
Funk500
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

19 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby abhapa » 26 Aug 2009, 11:25

I'm trying to get a set of these before I leave Friday. Any chance? Check your PM Taffy! Thanks
abhapa
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

Postby AAF » 02 Oct 2009, 07:43

Where can I order the fllashcards? All three sets?
靜夜思》 床前明月光,疑似桌上飯。 舉頭望明月,低頭吃便當。
AAF
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

6 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby djlowballer » 07 Oct 2009, 16:09

do want... sent message to them on the site.
djlowballer
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

1 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Learning Chinese