Nutrition for health and weight

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Re: Nutrition for health and weight

Postby miraculous » 17 Apr 2012, 10:25

I've been in Taiwan for almost a month and I got a weight increase by eating a lot of their rice meal and noodles. :)
miraculous
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Carney125 » 09 May 2012, 21:41

Take healthy and balanced foods to improves your health and fitness and to control your weight.
Your foods must include all the elements of healthy foods i.e protein, vitamins, fiber, and carbohydrates.
Avoid more fast foods, fat and fried foods. Take foods three times a day. Along with these balanced foods you should also do some exercises for the good health and fitness.
Carney125

In Taiwan since: 05 Mar 1987

Postby hbldom » 23 May 2012, 12:26

Hi All, it's been a while,

thanks for your continued interest. Our company now has updated a lot of information about healthy breakfasts on the UK website, it's an interesting read

having the correct breakfast can lead to weight loss, instantly increased energy levels, and a healthier lifestyle, it's a fact I have only been sick once in three years, compared with being sick every other month previously.

By balancing your blood-sugar levels throughout the day, you are cutting out the energy spikes that would normally come with a sugary, high carbohydrate based meal, N.B. even having sugar-free cereal will not break this cycle. I did a blog about it once before, full of graphs and pretty pictures.

Hope you all find something useful for you there.
Why have an online business in Taiwan: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/domw/bl ... e-business

How to learn internet marketing for free: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/domw/bl ... g-for-free
hbldom

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby sandman » 23 May 2012, 15:47

I remember HerbalLife from back in the 90s. I DID actually get suckered into it for a while, until I realized what a crock it is. "Lose weight now! Ask me How!"
Do you have one of them stupid wee badges, too? :lol:
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 23 May 2012, 18:39

riggers wrote:I would be interested. I move over there in August and am interested in eating healthily. Cheers steve

You are a level 2 disciple right?
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1718 Recommends(s)
622 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 23 May 2012, 18:41

Zhong_Lian wrote:Same here! Thanks

...ah a level 3 minion, can spot them a mile away by the vacant gaze behind their eyes :).
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1718 Recommends(s)
622 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 23 May 2012, 18:44

blaire wrote:I will be interested in it and looking forward to it curious, I am new here too. It is so happy to join here and find people here are so nice and friendly! :) :)

Level 3 is already occupied by a minion, I think you will have to be satisfied with bottom dwelling status for now.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1718 Recommends(s)
622 Recognized(s)

Postby hbldom » 24 May 2012, 00:26

haha, what nice friendly replies :)

This thread was supposed to be more about being healthy than about the structure of the business, but on that note: Companies, like people, learn more from their mistakes than their successes, what happened in the 90's is not of my concern, we are still trading as big as ever and our growth rates are some of the best in the industry. If we were shipping bad products, don't you think people would only buy our product once then walk away? Our numbers show our repeat business is some of the best in the industry.

Of course you've got your opinions, that's fine, but it would be cool to keep on topic here.

Thanks
Why have an online business in Taiwan: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/domw/bl ... e-business

How to learn internet marketing for free: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/domw/bl ... g-for-free
hbldom

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Confuzius » 24 May 2012, 00:42

Kea wrote:Hilarious.

All you need to do to eat well in Taiwan is cook heaps of veges from the cheap traditional markets (or organic shops which are everywhere), chicken and other meat is cheap, brown rice is a dodle with the rice steamers here, and for extra protein have egg whites-I get through 5 a day because they're so cheap-3-4nt$ each for an egg. That's your base, and add extra things like cheeses, breads, nuts, fruits from the amazing shops everywhere around.

I can point you in the right direction for protein powder, or contact Formosa Fitness, or maybe there's some at Costco.

Servio:
You need to exercise harder.
Eat:
Breakfast, 3 egg whites, cereal with fruit and protein powder and a sandwich
2 normal meals. Save the milk for a snack mid afternoon.
Late supper, vege/chicken soup / broth
Problem solved.

I think this is great advice. I have dropped tons of weight since coming to Taiwan and wasn't even trying! My weight loss really slowed down and almost stopped recently for about 3 months (though I gained nothing back) so I have started exercising.

My meals:
breakfast: 2 eggs and white rice
lunch: either soup with veggies and noodles, or some BOILED veggie dumplings with some frozen meat thrown in and some white rice
dinner: fresh veggies, a meat in some bottled sauce and of course, white rice

I do eat the same thing pretty much everyday, which does get boring, but it sees to be working for the weight control. On Friday nights (and sometimes Saturday for lunch or dinner) I eat wtf ever I want and drink coke too...but ONLY fri night and a meal on saturday.

Its super easy to lose weight in Taiwan as long as you don't eat night market or fast food.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby hbldom » 24 May 2012, 21:29

Confuzius wrote:
Kea wrote:Hilarious.

All you need to do to eat well in Taiwan is cook heaps of veges from the cheap traditional markets (or organic shops which are everywhere), chicken and other meat is cheap, brown rice is a dodle with the rice steamers here, and for extra protein have egg whites-I get through 5 a day because they're so cheap-3-4nt$ each for an egg. That's your base, and add extra things like cheeses, breads, nuts, fruits from the amazing shops everywhere around.

I can point you in the right direction for protein powder, or contact Formosa Fitness, or maybe there's some at Costco.

Servio:
You need to exercise harder.
Eat:
Breakfast, 3 egg whites, cereal with fruit and protein powder and a sandwich
2 normal meals. Save the milk for a snack mid afternoon.
Late supper, vege/chicken soup / broth
Problem solved.

I think this is great advice. I have dropped tons of weight since coming to Taiwan and wasn't even trying! My weight loss really slowed down and almost stopped recently for about 3 months (though I gained nothing back) so I have started exercising.

My meals:
breakfast: 2 eggs and white rice
lunch: either soup with veggies and noodles, or some BOILED veggie dumplings with some frozen meat thrown in and some white rice
dinner: fresh veggies, a meat in some bottled sauce and of course, white rice

I do eat the same thing pretty much everyday, which does get boring, but it sees to be working for the weight control. On Friday nights (and sometimes Saturday for lunch or dinner) I eat wtf ever I want and drink coke too...but ONLY fri night and a meal on saturday.

Its super easy to lose weight in Taiwan as long as you don't eat night market or fast food.

yeah you are right, that is great advice. I think you raise some important points too, eating right is the key for both weight loss and weight gain. Also exercising is very important. I think it strange that people treat their cars better than their bodies in many cases. Think of your body like a car, if you don't put the right fuel (food) in it, or the right oil (nutrition) and you don't drive it regularly(exercise) sooner or later something is going to go wrong, so you visit a mechanic (doctor) and pay him a fee to fix your car. Maybe it is just better to treat the car right in the first place and prevent these visits from happening?

I think it's impressive that you can maintain that much discipline with your diet, I can't do that at all, I'm too whimsical when it comes to what I eat, so I just make sure I start my day with the right breakfast and after that I eat whatever comes to mind, the only meal I avoid is McDonalds because I think it stretches the term "meal" a little far, I'm also too lazy to go out to traditional markets (even though they are everywhere) and prepare meals and healthy snacks for myself. I much prefer to just enjoy all that the restaurants and night markets have to offer knowing that my body is sorted every morning.

Cheers

hbldom

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Health and Fitness