The story behind BP in the hospital

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Re: The story behind BP in the hospital

Postby Belgian Pie » 14 Mar 2012, 14:30

Super Hans wrote:
The ordeal is not over yet, they have to open up the top skin and fat layer to clean out an infection

Yeah, that's typical for hospital food in Taiwan.

I'm glad it is all sorted now. What a strange turn of events.

Yes, really weird ... stealthy almost
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
61 Recognized(s)

Postby 914 » 15 Mar 2012, 09:29

Thanks for the report! Sounds like Zheng Xin/Cheng Hsing whatever way it's spelt is a hospital to consider.

Take care, you. And always question and research, BP.
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Postby flike » 16 Mar 2012, 08:14

Helluva story, BP. I hope you're adapting well to your new intestine length - or in general just adapting well. :thumbsup:

Funny thing about falls. About 30 years ago my aunt was walking up the back stoop into my parents' home when she lost her balance and fell backward. She fell hard on her butt and rolled backward teapot over tea kettle until she landed, about one meter down in vertical distance and six steps in staircase distance, plopped on her back into my parents' backyard. She was shook up, very shook up. She cried. Within ten minutes, though, she shrugged things off and was laughing with my mother (her very close sister) over her fall. I know because I was carrying a bag of groceries and only about sixty seconds behind her and my mother.

A week or so later she came down with a fever. A week or so after that her doctors finally figured out that she had peritonitis, so advanced that she displayed some abdominal edema and was admitted to hospital. Within an hour she was in ICU. Within 48 hours she was dead (my mother, who was as close as only sisters can be, was utterly, completely devastated).

Falls can be very bad news. I'm glad yours has a happy ending. :thumbsup:
"It is a privilege to be the stand-in for Spencer Tracy. Tracy is a fine actor, but he is most important because he understands why it is necessary to take orders from the front office." Louis B. Mayer, 1938 Academy Awards ceremony

"Why do you not sit on my lap when we talk contracts, like my other stars do?" Louis B. Mayer to Luise Rainer, 1937

"His hand always touched my right tit whenever he said the word 'daughter'." Joan Crawford, regarding Louis B. Mayer, 1938
flike
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

23 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

Postby kau826 » 02 Apr 2012, 22:35

Hello BP,
I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. But this is strange to me that a severe constipation, or even mechanic ileus followed only after a falling accident. And it's awfully weird that the doctors in Sanxia treated patients so carelessly. Most of the doctors here in Taiwan won't let the patients leave the hospital easily after coming back again and again for more than 2 times.

Well, my point is that I wonder if you have told the doctor that you had slipped and fell on protruding rocks before this event? Or has the doctor explained to you the reason of mechanical bowel obstruction, or mechanical ileus? My wild guess is that if the falling accident is related to this event, an injury to the nerves around sacral area should be taken into consideration. The sacrum is right in the middle of the buttocks and there're nerves running around this area. A severe falling might cause damage to the nerves and render various neurological problems. Constipation might be one of them. So keep asking the doctor why and how this happens if the answer didn't satify you. Good luck.
kau826
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

6 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 12 Apr 2012, 19:26

I had pain in this spot (buttocks) for almost 10 days, and to my surprise there were no visible outward signs, I asked my wife if she saw a hemorrhage there but no she said. Anyways, all's well now.
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
61 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 12 Apr 2012, 23:31

914 wrote:Thanks for the report! Sounds like Zheng Xin/Cheng Hsing whatever way it's spelt is a hospital to consider.

From my experience, definitely. Much better than the madhouse across the street--VGH
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

280 Recommends(s)
282 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Health and Fitness