Strange phenomena...er...coincidences?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Postby twonavels » 25 Mar 2012, 09:18

Who has had some weird coincidences happening?

I often get headaches just before earthquakes. These are not normal headaches -- they go all the way down my right side -- head neck side hip. However, sometimes an earthquake comes and sometimes it doesn't. I only get these about 5 or 6 times a year.

Now this weekend it's back, but there is also static electricity. I blow up the cats or various other things every time I touch them. Now the weird thing is, without knowing all this will happen I rented "Melancholia" on Friday. In the movie, there is a scene of dear Dunst with electricity coming out of her fingertips. Then, last night, there was a John Travolta movie on TV called "Phenomenon" and he can feel earthquakes. He can also break mirrors and move things without touching. Sometimes when I have a lot of work to do or I am angry I can put out lights(not intentionally). I just put out two lights at work this week and now this movie is on TV.

So this is just a warning to everybody. DON'T GO IN THE WATER! I also watched "Jaws" last night.
Forumosan avatar
twonavels
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Re: Strange phenomena...er...coincidences?

Postby Belgian Pie » 25 Mar 2012, 16:19

Than maybe, as John Travolta you have a brain tumor ... :ponder:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
81 Recognized(s)

Postby twonavels » 25 Mar 2012, 17:04

Belgian Pie wrote:Than maybe, as John Travolta you have a brain tumor ... :ponder:

Haha! Yes, maybe. I do have a big sensitive knot at the back of my neck because of the headache. Hmmm....

Doesn't seem like anybody else has any weird coincidences stories to share. When I google it, I see most cases involve things like people sensing who is going to call and sensing when somebody is going to die.
Forumosan avatar
twonavels

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 25 Mar 2012, 17:11

Oh, I had times that I thought I've been somewhere before, recognizing a spot or situation, but it seems that the brain is tricking you in milliseconds ... so, no you can not see into the future ... although some people are more sensitive to electric charges or static ... so, maybe as the earth releases static just before earthquakes, it's possible your body picks it up ...
I've the thing that my BP rises when my wife comes in the door ... :ponder:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
81 Recognized(s)

Postby twonavels » 25 Mar 2012, 22:43

Belgian Pie wrote:Oh, I had times that I thought I've been somewhere before, recognizing a spot or situation, but it seems that the brain is tricking you in milliseconds ... so, no you can not see into the future ... although some people are more sensitive to electric charges or static ... so, maybe as the earth releases static just before earthquakes, it's possible your body picks it up ...
I've the thing that my BP rises when my wife comes in the door ... :ponder:

I take it you mean little Belgian Pie, and not Blood Pressure. Nice to hear about happily married people. Now there is a phenomenon in itself.
Forumosan avatar
twonavels

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 27 Mar 2012, 02:29

I wake up before earthquakes. WIDE awake two seconds before they hit, now I recognise it as the 'Oh, there's an earthquake coming feeling' (oddly enough, I haven't experienced an earthquake in the last few years that I was already awake for. They seem to like the morning here).

Never turned out lights though. THAT'S cool.

Personal theory is that we're all born interconnected to dimensions and auras and the underlying energy of life and the universe and slowly shut the connections ourselves as life and education takes forefront. Some of us skip a step here or there and end up more open and still connected to certain aspects.
tsukinodeynatsu
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

57 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 27 Mar 2012, 02:37

I get an erection every time I see a barber pole.
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

93 Recommends(s)
466 Recognized(s)

Postby zyzzx » 27 Mar 2012, 04:48

tsukinodeynatsu wrote:I wake up before earthquakes. WIDE awake two seconds before they hit, now I recognise it as the 'Oh, there's an earthquake coming feeling' (oddly enough, I haven't experienced an earthquake in the last few years that I was already awake for. They seem to like the morning here).

Never turned out lights though. THAT'S cool.

Personal theory is that we're all born interconnected to dimensions and auras and the underlying energy of life and the universe and slowly shut the connections ourselves as life and education takes forefront. Some of us skip a step here or there and end up more open and still connected to certain aspects.

You might just be reacting to the initial seismic waves - different types travel at different speeds, so they don't all arrive together.
Forumosan avatar
zyzzx
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

10 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 27 Mar 2012, 07:51

The old P and S waves. Thats how they start brakig the bullet trains in Japan before you can feel any shaking and possibly how some animals seem able to sense a quake is about to occur.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1738 Recommends(s)
623 Recognized(s)

Postby tomthorne » 27 Mar 2012, 07:53

Deuce Dropper wrote:I get an erection every time I see a barber pole.

Nothing strange about that. I get one before I see a barber pole.
tomthorne
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Health and Fitness