Strange phenomena...er...coincidences?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Re: Strange phenomena...er...coincidences?

Postby twonavels » 28 Mar 2012, 19:21

twonavels wrote:
Belgian Pie wrote:Oh, I had times that I thought I've been somewhere before, recognizing a spot or situation, but it seems that the brain is tricking you in milliseconds ... so, no you can not see into the future ... although some people are more sensitive to electric charges or static ... so, maybe as the earth releases static just before earthquakes, it's possible your body picks it up ...
I've the thing that my BP rises when my wife comes in the door ... :ponder:

I take it you mean little Belgian Pie, and not Blood Pressure. Nice to hear about happily married people. Now there is a phenomenon in itself.

Oh, Barber Pole. Got it!

Right now I just have static electricity and a headache. No earthquake. Apparently static electricity causes headaches. I wonder if that is what is putting out the lights.
Forumosan avatar
twonavels
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby Hamletintaiwan » 28 Mar 2012, 22:52

twonavels wrote:
Right now I just have static electricity and a headache. No earthquake. Apparently static electricity causes headaches. I wonder if that is what is putting out the lights.

Get rid of your carpet.
Change the type of socks and shoes you're wearing.
Wear more natural fabrics.

Take a shower and the static electricity should be gone.

About your headaches and your visions/foresights, I don't know, but maybe they'll be gone too.
Forumosan avatar
Hamletintaiwan
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

7 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby bababa » 29 Mar 2012, 21:33

Personally, if I had even a glimmer of some psychic power, I wouldn't try to get rid of it. I'd try to develop it and use it for good. Sensing an earthquake before it hits isn't a bad thing, after all.
bababa
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

21 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 29 Mar 2012, 21:49

Did you try to move things around? I saw a discovery documentary last week about a guy who can stick anything to himself without any trick. He just concentrates and things stick to him :cool:
Isha
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Strange phenomena...er...coincidences?

Postby headhonchoII » 29 Mar 2012, 21:53

With a bit of practice I can put a tent up with no hands, only the power of the mind.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1719 Recommends(s)
622 Recognized(s)

Postby Artemis » 29 Mar 2012, 23:14

Do you have a fettish for chewing copper?
I have a friend who kills watches, and other things, drains the batteries very very quickly, shes like an electricity black hole I gues you might share her electrophilic nature.
Met another guy like that once, reason I remember him is cause he'd been struck by lightning several times.
I would recommend staying indoors and unplugging everything when there's lightning :popcorn:
Honestly I wouldn't be bothered it does sound just like you've got very sensitive ear drums and either very dry skin or bad taste in clothes :P
Artemis
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby Isha » 29 Mar 2012, 23:54

Artemis wrote:Do you have a fettish for chewing copper?
I have a friend who kills watches, and other things, drains the batteries very very quickly, shes like an electricity black hole I gues you might share her electrophilic nature.
Met another guy like that once, reason I remember him is cause he'd been struck by lightning several times.
I would recommend staying indoors and unplugging everything when there's lightning :popcorn:
Honestly I wouldn't be bothered it does sound just like you've got very sensitive ear drums and either very dry skin or bad taste in clothes :P

Now that you mentioned, since last one week my phone has suddenly started discharging quickly whenever it is with me. However battery remains OK if keep it away.
Isha

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Artemis » 31 Mar 2012, 00:56

Do you tend to push the buttons a lot when you have it on you? :roflmao: maybe call people?
Did you also happen to dream of blue cabbage before you touched your phone? Thats a bad omen that is, means you're going to step on dog poop soon.
You may find that if you do not read my last sentence your brain might re-arrange its memories to remember dreaming of blue cabbage, possibly with dog snout and teeth.
I'm not making fun of you but be aware that human brains do have the tendency to re-arrange the past in our memories to match up with what we think or have been told was the past. If you really want to check if your an electrically attractive person get a new pack of batteries from 7/11, take two out and put one in a corner somewhere and carry the other around. After a few days test the batteries with a battery tester or multimeter, I assume a local garage can probably help you if you can communicate with them. If the results are odd test yourself with a multimeter :P

Just wondering have you ever heard bats? or do you hear notes when you listen to music? I do and I can usually feel when an earthquake or storm is coming, thats just having good ears :) nothing unusual. Oh and have you stood on a level thats above an MRT or train line while a trains is passing underneath? It makes my hair want to stand on end and I can feel exactly where the carriages are, I guess we have a bit of a bat in us. Theres so many earthquakes here and they have bugger all effect so you'll get used to them, the feeling will become background noise. I don't recommend standing above train and MRT lines though.
Artemis
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby H5N1 » 15 Apr 2012, 12:19

Do the experiment. You could be suffering from confirmation bias, that is, counting the number of times you get a headache before an earthquake, but not noting the times when no earthquake follows a headache. Get subscribed to James Lick's earthquake alerts, then compare the onset of your symptoms with the frequency of earthquakes.
Coooool water sandwich

This post was recommended by twonavels (13 May 2012, 18:38)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
H5N1
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

6 Recognized(s)

Postby twonavels » 13 May 2012, 18:37

Artemis wrote:Just wondering have you ever heard bats? or do you hear notes when you listen to music? I do and I can usually feel when an earthquake or storm is coming, thats just having good ears :) nothing unusual. Oh and have you stood on a level thats above an MRT or train line while a trains is passing underneath? It makes my hair want to stand on end and I can feel exactly where the carriages are, I guess we have a bit of a bat in us. Theres so many earthquakes here and they have bugger all effect so you'll get used to them, the feeling will become background noise. I don't recommend standing above train and MRT lines though.

Is it weird to hear bats? I thought everybody can hear bats. Aren't they pretty loud?

I don't really get any effect with the train. I have one weird thing, though. If I'm waiting for the MRT it always feels like I want to jump in front of it. Like there's some powerful force that wants to pull me in front of the train. I get it when I'm on top of a tall building too. I need to stay away from the sides or I get this overwhelming exhilarating feeling that I want to jump off.
Forumosan avatar
twonavels

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Health and Fitness