To the original poster of this. Like you, I have allergies, anaphalaxic shock syndrome, and asthma. I totally understand what you're going through. If you're serious about fixing your problem, or at least lessening the problems you have, you may contact me (stepheninhk @ yahoo . com) Or if anyone else has questions they may need answered. I'll be glad to help you out too. Learn a few things first. Doctors here are not dumb to the idea, but just don't quite understand it. Most common allergies in Taiwan according to my doctor were mangoes (yes, mangoes) and seafood and wine/alcohol. Most people here think it's just a rash thing, and goes away. Until you explain to them that you may actually die, then they usually don't get the point. Always stress that fact. Also, according to the Taiwanese government, allergies are considered a "personal" problem, while food poisoning is considered their problem. That means, if you have allergies, you MUST tell them FIRST. If you have clearly done that, and you get sick, you can sue for compensation/injuries or even criminal charges.
Things to do: 1) Always be vigilant against servers and cooks. Many sauces have mixtures of things in them. Look out for satay ("sha cha jiang") which may have fish, seafood and nuts it. Double and triple guess your servers. If you get served something that is totally wrong. Tell them. Or just simply walk out.
2) You got served a shit stick in life by God. So not much you can do about it, but do your best to avoid the problem. I do my best to stay away from places where I think there might be a problem. However, sometimes it's just not always possible. Weddings are always a big problem for me.
3) The best allergy doc in Taiwan is a lady at the Taichung Veterans Hospital who is just simply amazing at her stuff. Get tested by her.
4) Epi pens exist, but not quite the same as you would find in your home country. I can tell you more on how to get one if you're interested.
5) There are a lot of people who just don't understand the idea of allergies until someone gets sick in front of them. My famly included.
6) Good luck. If you need more help just ask.