Your favorite place to jog?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Your favorite place to jog?

Postby Rockefeller » 27 Apr 2012, 22:28

I'm looking for good places for morning jogs, preferably on softer surfaces like grass or dirt, but I have ran on boardwalks and thats fine too. There's a gym at the apartment I'm staying at but personally I prefer to be closer to nature. Is there a favorite place for running in Taipei you'd recommend to others?
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

ORIGINAL POSTER
87 Recognized(s)

Re: Your favorite place to jog?

Postby Incubus » 27 Apr 2012, 22:59

The running track in Da'an Park. It's along three sides of the park's perimeter. They will link up the fourth side when the MRT Xinyi line is completed. But even with the fourth side being asphalt, it's a great place to run as the clay surface is nice and soft and the entire track is shaded by trees.
Incubus
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

12 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby Petrichor » 28 Apr 2012, 06:45

I haven't started running there yet (trying to move a bit closer) but the river parks look like good places. You certainly see lots of joggers there.
Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

http://talesfromthebeautifulisle.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Petrichor
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

88 Recommends(s)
94 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 03 May 2012, 12:19

Incubus wrote:The running track in Da'an Park. It's along three sides of the park's perimeter. They will link up the fourth side when the MRT Xinyi line is completed. But even with the fourth side being asphalt, it's a great place to run as the clay surface is nice and soft and the entire track is shaded by trees.

sweet, thanks. so where specifically would this Da'an park be located?
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller

ORIGINAL POSTER
87 Recognized(s)

Postby Incubus » 03 May 2012, 14:04

Rockefeller wrote:
Incubus wrote:The running track in Da'an Park. It's along three sides of the park's perimeter. They will link up the fourth side when the MRT Xinyi line is completed. But even with the fourth side being asphalt, it's a great place to run as the clay surface is nice and soft and the entire track is shaded by trees.

Fresh off the plane, eh?
Da'an Park, as the name suggests, is in Taipei's Da'an district. It's bordered by Xinyi, Jianguo, Heping, and Xinsheng Roads, just west of AIT (if you're American) or across the street from the Mosque (if you're Muslim).
Incubus

12 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby twonavels » 05 May 2012, 16:02

I'm looking for a good indoor jogging place. Do they have any covered tracks?
Forumosan avatar
twonavels
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

5 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby Rockefeller » 09 May 2012, 05:32

Incubus wrote:
Rockefeller wrote:

Fresh off the plane, eh?
Da'an Park, as the name suggests, is in Taipei's Da'an district. It's bordered by Xinyi, Jianguo, Heping, and Xinsheng Roads, just west of AIT (if you're American) or across the street from the Mosque (if you're Muslim).

Fresh & proud, lol. Just did some quick googling and what do ya know, the metro has a Da'an station. Gonna assume that that's it. Will check it out this week when it's not raining. Again, :thanks:
Forumosan avatar
Rockefeller

ORIGINAL POSTER
87 Recognized(s)

Postby Carney125 » 09 May 2012, 21:45

jogging is one of my favorite exercise to get fitness and improve the health.
I like to do jogging along with my friends for at least 30 minutes at morning times.
My favorite place for doing the jogging is the National park in front of my house. It is good place to jogging, and its environment is very peaceful.
Carney125
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

In Taiwan since: 05 Mar 1987

Postby Mucha Man » 09 May 2012, 21:55

Rockefeller wrote:
Incubus wrote:
Rockefeller wrote:

Fresh off the plane, eh?

Fresh & proud, lol. Just did some quick googling and what do ya know, the metro has a Da'an station. Gonna assume that that's it. Will check it out this week when it's not raining. Again, :thanks:

Da'an station is a km or so from the park.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

848 Recognized(s)

Postby Incubus » 10 May 2012, 12:06

If you don't want to walk that one km, just hop on a Xinyi bus heading west from Da'an MRT station. Get off at Xinyi-Xinsheng intersection, and you'll be right at the park's entrance.
Incubus

12 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Health and Fitness