Gym in Hsinchu

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Gym in Hsinchu

Postby austin » 07 May 2012, 08:22

With free weights or good machines
austin
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

ORIGINAL POSTER
5 Recognized(s)

Re: Gym in Hsinchu

Postby appa » 08 May 2012, 17:30

Hi Austin,

I've recently became a member of Hsinchu's World Gym. There is one on Linxen Rd. and one in Big City. They have everything my old gym in America had. The staff in Linxen are pretty friendly but I have yet been to the Big City branch. From what I heard, its bigger and offers free parking up to 3hours as opposed to Linxen's one and a half. The one in Big City also has a steam room, a Jacuzzi, and a pool. Let me know if you are going to sign up, I am looking for a training partner :)
Forumosan avatar
appa
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Re: Gym in Hsinchu

Postby Wheybrotein » 21 May 2012, 07:40

Hey appa,

I'd really like to get some more information about the world gym. I'm moving to Hsinchu in about 3 weeks for a year, and for the next 10 months I'll strength training, before hitting a spring cut and two months hypertrophy. My sessions focus a lot on barbell movements (deadlift, squat, rows, bench, OHP, power cleans)... does the gym have quality olympic barbells and squat racks? Also, what kind of price is it per month/ year?

Thanks in advance.
Wheybrotein

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Health and Fitness