Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Taipei Parks with Fitness Corner?

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Taipei Parks with Fitness Corner?

Postby masque » 19 May 2012, 10:55

Hi,

We''ll be in Taipei for about a week in June and are trying to look for a public park with the full range of fitness equipment e.g parallel bar and pull-up bar so that we can do some exercise while we're there. We read that Taipei has quite a number of nice parks and would prefer to be out there rather than using a gym.

Need some advice here.

Thanks!
masque
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Taipei Parks with Fitness Corner?

Postby Mucha Man » 19 May 2012, 15:03

masque wrote:Hi,

We''ll be in Taipei for about a week in June and are trying to look for a public park with the full range of fitness equipment e.g parallel bar and pull-up bar so that we can do some exercise while we're there. We read that Taipei has quite a number of nice parks and would prefer to be out there rather than using a gym.

Need some advice here.

Thanks!

Pretty much any park is going to have at least chin up bars. The riversides in taipei are all lined with parks and bike paths. You can rent bikes at numerous places along the river. If you like outdoor exercise it's hard to beat the riverside. Paths go on for hundreds of km and you can even do a whole loop of the city now.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

769 Recognized(s)

Postby masque » 19 May 2012, 19:27

http://imgur.com/a/WHKLv

I refer to the above link and photo album. Apparently it has pull up bars and a parallel bar. :D

Can anyone tell me which park this is? The third photo has the name of the park inscribe on a rock, but I couldn't make out the first letter.

Please let me know the name and location of this park. Thanks!!! :bow:
masque

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby asiababy » 19 May 2012, 20:16

The name is Fuxing Park. But, tons of parks have this kind of equipment. The easier way for you is to let us know what area of Taipei you are staying in, and then people can tell you what parks in that area have this kind of equipment.
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
asiababy
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

2 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

Postby masque » 19 May 2012, 22:47

Thanks for all the kind replies!!!

I am thinking of staying in either Da'an or Ximending region. One park comes to mind: 華中河濱公園 (HuaZhong Riverside Park).

I checked Google maps, and it seems the nearest train station to HuaZhong park is LongShan station. But the park is quite a distance from LongShan station. :noway:

What is the best/fastest means of travel between LongShan station and HuaZhong Riverside Park? Taxi or Bicycle? If so, where could we get a taxi or a bicycle? :flowers:
masque

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby masque » 22 May 2012, 21:12

Any input? Pleazzzzee? :notworthy:
masque

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Incubus » 22 May 2012, 22:27

I just biked through that park today, but I have no idea how you'd get from Longshan Temple MRT to the park, as I don't enter the park from any of the surrounding neighborhoods. That's just one of many riverside parks I ride through on my 25k ride. If you want to get to a riverside park from Longshan Temple MRT, the park under Huajiang Bridge is a lot closer, but that one is mainly for birdwatching and baseball.
Incubus
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

12 Recommends(s)
34 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Health and Fitness